Staff Program Manager - Certifications and Compliance
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Staff Program Manager, Certifications and Compliance
The Program Manager for Certifications and Compliance oversees and steers regulatory validation projects, such as Common Criteria, Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG’s), Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSFC), and other technical security certifications. By aligning internal resources and personnel, tracking new technical requirements, interacting with 3rd party testing facilities and agencies, the Program Manager ensures project success. The Program Manager also interacts internally with Sales, Marketing, and other personnel to provide guidance and explanations of regulatory certifications and processes, and reports project status and milestones to executive leadership.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple large scale projects including scoping, requirements analysis, development of detailed project plans, functional test case development, identification of risks and mediation plans, and documentation.
- Manage programs to ensure timely delivery of milestones, development of regular reports providing transparency into process.
- Mapping product and customer requirements across all certification requirements to determine best strategic and most efficient path forward.
- Interacting with 3rd party testing facilities and organizations to ensure project success
- Authoring, editing, and reviewing product technical documents related to regulatory certification projects
- Engaging with government and regulatory agencies to translate regulatory requirements, submit and track inquires, and understand certification processes
- Coordinating with Department of Defense and other government institutions to achieve specific regulatory certifications such as DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG’s)
- Ensuring project milestones are aligned with company objectives and reporting status to executive leadership
- Exercising diplomatic stewardship with standards bodies and regulatory groups to insure ensure proposed requirements do not adversely impact future product or certifications plans.
- Subject matter expert by maintaining in depth certification expertise providing timely guidance to product teams for direction and scope of new certification and compliance tasks.
- Comfortable working in NDA environments with high levels of confidential information.
- Translate general customer requirements into concrete strategic and tactical plans, ensuring clarity and understanding by all stakeholders.
- Persuasive written, verbal, presentation and visual communication skills, comfortable in large groups.
- Supporting Sales and Marketing teams by explaining certification processes and projects
- Hosting internal training and briefings on regulatory certifications and applicability to sales goals
- Presenting to customers as necessary to explain product certification and processes
- Must have clear understanding of security technologies covering authentication, authorization, access control and encryption (SSL/TLS, OpenSSL, Bouncy Castle, etc.).
- Deep operational knowledge of Windows™, Linux and virtualization platforms.
- Broad security knowledge of various security and compliance specifications PCI, CIS, DISA, CJIS, FERPA, HIPAA, COBIT, ISO 270XX, SOX, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53 & 800-90 is preferred.
- Strong preference for candidates who have direct experience with the DISA STIG process
- MS/BS in CS/IS or equivalent
- 4+ years of Project and/or Program management experienced with industry related experience
- Security certifications like CISSP, CISM is preferred.
Business Unit: Research & Development Operations & Central Services: VMware’s R&D Operations and Central Services team makes sure our customers enjoy a high-quality experience across the entire product portfolio. Our goal is to protect the company’s brand reputation by continually improving customer satisfaction. We bring together key R&D functions such as performance, security, and release management, which frees up R&D business units to focus on product innovation. Our priorities include investing in R&D talent, sharing best practices, and driving scale and agility in VMware products. Are you interested in expanding your R&D skills and experience in ways few jobs can? Join our team, and you’ll help deliver game-changing solutions across business units and product lines. Our team members also work with outside companies, build new contacts, and take part in industry-wide conferences and committees.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub