Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Staff Program Manager – Business Operations
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization, and Cloud initiatives including VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services. In many ways, the CPBU is the foundation of the VMware portfolio and is crucial to the success of the company.
In the Business Operations Role, you will work cross functionally to scale day to day operations of the Business Unit including planning and portfolio management & reporting, budget and spend management and reporting, process creation and project management of various cross-BU initiatives. This position is people, data, process and communications intensive. It requires proactive leadership, critical thinking, independence, agility, analytical, organization and interpersonal skills. The ability to interact with senior leaders at all levels in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive a regular cadence of project and portfolio planning and reporting to be able to derive meaningful insights by connecting the business unit portfolio with financial and strategic objectives, including organizing and facilitating regular cadence of cross-BU portfolio investment reviews.
- Drive rigor and visibility around key business metrics by developing and owning operational dashboards to track business goals, budget, hiring, headcount allocation, vendor management, team charters, cross-functional dependencies etc.
- Drive partnership with Finance to ensure targeted data and metrics are available for streamlined decision-making, ad hoc analysis and decision support (OpEx and CapEx budget tracking, spend management)
- Partner with Recruiting to ensure our organization attracts the best and brightest candidates and any openings are filled quickly and meet organizational hiring objectives.
- Manage special project execution as needed.
- Support business reviews, town-halls as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.Preference for B.S. in Finance, Marketing.Industry experience in the Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage.
- 10 years required in a related position, preferred in the high tech industry.
- 3-5 years of program management experience, preference for experience in business analysis and solution implementation
- Preference for experience with industry leading project and portfolio management tools, BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, and proficiency with MS Office, Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in the analysis, design, and automation of business processes.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- An outstanding teammate with a can-do attitude, and consistent record of leading or working with diverse teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to operate independently and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to facilitate effective correspondence with partners.
- Executive presence, with the ability to address and influence both executive and mid-level management audiences
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.