Staff II Technical Program Manager - Public Sector
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. With VMware solutions, organizations are building unrivaled experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Are you passionate about getting things done and continually improving processes? Can you juggle a thousand details while keeping sight of strategic goals? When tense situations arise do you remain calm, cool, and collected? If you answered yes to these questions, then a career with VMware might be for you.
The Cloud Platform Business Unit’s Programs & Initiatives team is seeking a seasoned Staff II Technical Program Manager to join its ranks. Our team works to promote a culture of agility, operational rigor, visibility, accountability, and data-informed decisions. We are responsible for leading cross-functional teams to execute the product roadmap. In addition, we partner with BU leadership to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
As a Staff II Technical Program Manager, you’ll plan and deliver releases for VMware Managed Cloud on AWS into the U.S. Public Sector service and drive compliance related programs. We are looking for someone to:
- Build solid, integrated program plans as you will work with multiple business units and functions to deliver capabilities to customers and meet and maintain compliance requirements.
- Proactively manage risks and dependencies.
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You will also lead change and transformation efforts as needed to meet the needs of the U.S. Public Sector.
Want to succeed in this role? You are:
- A leader and change catalyst. You ensure everything we do is aligned to the most important strategic objectives. You lead without authority. You have the ability to lead nebulous change efforts.
- A driver. You are well-organized and you get things done. You drive the team to meet commitments and keep leadership abreast of issues and risks that might put those commitments in jeopardy.
- Agitated with the status quo. You collaboratively work with teams to continually improve our processes and achieve efficiency and effectiveness gains.
- The consummate communicator. You deliver polished, concise executive presentations that focus on the most critical points. You have great listening, written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate well at all levels (executives, peers, and teams).
- Diligent. You follow up without nagging or enabling poor accountability.
- Emotionally intelligent. You can navigate challenging team dynamics with tact and confidence.
- A thought leader. You bring your experience working in the public sector to help shape how we structure programs and organize teams to meet business needs. You understand the bigger picture and work to resolve key problems impeding the success of the business.
Required Experience and skills:
- Security Clearance in future desirable to obtain
- B.S./B.A. in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 15 years of experience in program management, delivering enterprise-class software to the market and at least 5 years of experience delivering SaaS solutions, preferably, hybrid SaaS in the US Public Sector.
- Experience with obtaining and maintaining compliance certifications, such as FedRAMP High, NIST 800-53, Impact Level 4/5/6 or the Department of Defense Cloud Computing Security Requirement Guide (SRG).
- Possess a proven understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Self-starter who enjoys problem-solving with little direct supervision. Ability to learn quickly and just in time.
- Experience working with DevOps teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment. Has a track record of delivering programs on-time and process improvements with measurable value.
- A firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end program lifecycle.
- Strong leadership skills. Organizationally savvy with good social skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Well-organized with excellent time management skills.
- Considerable experience using with MS Office, Jira, and Confluence.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an Agile culture using aligned frameworks such as SAFe, Scrum Lean-Agile and/or Kanban.
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub