Staff Cloud Services Developer
, - Palo Alto,California,USApply Now Job ID R1911160
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware End-User Computing runs the world’s largest Digital Workspace Platform- Workspace ONE.Horizon Cloud Services group is part of End-User Computing business unit which is responsible for delivering cloud hosted virtual desktops and applications to any device and anywhere. Our team is focused on adding rich capabilities to this platform by simplifying the management and provisioning of application and desktops in the cloud.
This team is looking for a proven software engineer who can contribute to our Horizon cloud services product, improve its functionality and make it easier for our customers to configure and use our application and desktop remoting solution on the cloud with ease of management and monitoring. The team is very passionate about the work, the product and we are looking for similar passionate, creative and self-motivated engineer who is a quick learner and can deliver on end-to-end responsibility. You should be flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment with the right attitude and deliver on our promise to our customers, partners and ourselves.
• Be a significant contributor in a strong engineering team, spanning multiple geographies in a fast paced environment.
• Breathe, live and champion one or more architectural facets of the product, propose product roadmaps, nurture the migration into a pure cloud world.
• Focus towards the products' architectural goals, ability to take an open-ended problem, architect and design an elegant and comprehensible solution.
• Ability to lead a team, mentor engineers, be a champion for creative technical trends, cultivate a well-rounded technical mentality in the team.
• Be the champion for attaining a higher quality bar with emphasis on reliable automated tests with continuous integration in an agile environment.
• 8+ years as a developer and 2+ years of experience building cloud solutions and/or microservices.
• Track record of architecting, designing reusable, high-performant and scalable systems.
• Practical experience developing and running a scaled service in a public cloud.
• Thorough understanding of Docker and Kubernetes including networking and storage considerations.
• Solid grounding in the what’s and the whys of cloud-native development practices and patterns such as CI, immutable infrastructure, distributed tracing, etc.
• Experienced in AWS / Azure public clouds
• Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Quick learner, self-motivated and has the ability to work independently
• Strong verbal, written communication skills and a collaborative problem solving style.
• Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub