Sr. Technical Program Manager - NSX Networking
, - Palo Alto,California,USApply Now Job ID R1904799
Job Summary – Sr. Technical Program Manager– Full Time Employee @ VMware
The Program Management Office in the Networking & Security Business Unit of VMware Inc. is looking for a Sr. Technical Program manager to primarily support large/complex programs across multiple teams and business units. The candidate will report to the Director of the PMO, who is chartered to deliver a comprehensive execution plans, cadence and governance of all such programs and execution as relating to the overall strategy of the Networking & Security Business Unit.
- Own the success of key Software releases at VMware NSX. Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality
- Drive the planning and execution of programs from concept to GA. Lead a delivery team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases.
- Build and run, with the team, the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.). Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
- Be the expert on release life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high quality standards with your delivery team
- Independently and accurately report on the state of your programs to executive stakeholders. Be the trusted speaker on the state of programs in key checkpoint reviews
- Take your program deliverables Live after driving legal compliance and launch activities.
- Coach other Program Managers to maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork across all Program Managers
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience running software engineering and project/program development management especially in Datacenter Networking, L2/L3 Routing/Switching, L4-L7 Load Balancers.
- Practical experience program-managingSoftware-As-a-Serviceproducts and cloud-based services. Solid knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices
- Experienced in software development and project/program management fundamentals (software development life cycle and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, deliverables, change and risk management, and mitigation)
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming, and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment. Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in as fast paced environment and drive change across VMware engineering groups.
- Strong software engineering technical background with a passion for delivering high performance, quality software.
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub