Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Sr. Technical Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The VMware Cloud Provider Program organization has an opening for a Sr. Technical Marketing Manager (TMM)
A TMM is a technical resource that works with Product Marketing, Product Management and Product Engineering to develop technical assets to support VMware sales teams and vCloud Service Providers. Technical assets include product demos, benchmarks, technical presentations, blogs, technical white papers, videos and field training courses.
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Service Provider use cases for VMware products through the development of applicable technical marketing collateral.
- Drive the adoption and Usage of VMware products and Cloud Solutions within the Cloud Provider Partner Program by ensuring that relevant and applicable Technical Marketing collateral is sufficient for Service Provider accounts.
- Interact with Product Management and Product Engineering to become a technical expert on selected VMware technologies.
- Create technical marketing plans with input from with product management, R&D, sales and other marketing teams
- Design and develop technical sales and marketing collateral for new and existing technologies including demos, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, videos and field training courses
- Provide expert technical pre-sales support for VMware Cloud Provider Partner Program Field resources by creating technical sales and systems engineering training plans to support VMware sales engineering and partners
- Proven success and knowledge in developing and leading Service Provider Partners/Customers technical marketing interactions.
- The Individual should have relevant and current VMware experience with vCloud Director, NSX, vRealize Operations as well as a strong understanding of IT automation, management, orchestration and cloud management platform capabilities driving IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in technology related areas including: enterprise systems management and infrastructure (datacenter) architecture experience with significant depth around designing, implementing, and managing critical business infrastructure as well as technical marketing expertise.
- 8+ years in engineering, IT, enterprise software presales and/or technical marketing.
- Familiar with SaaS / PaaS / IaaS concepts and implementations
- Hands on experience with VMware Data Center Virtualization & Cloud Infrastructure products. (VMware Certification desirable)
- Strong inter-personal skills with experience engaging with sales channels including field sales, inside sales and partners. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable with demonstrated technical expertise required to build demos, workshops, benchmarks and other technical assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent
- Ability to work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Self motivated and able to deliver on projects after being given high-level objectives.
- Must have a strong understanding and appreciation for the technical information needed to support the evaluation, selection and adoption of VMware virtualization technologies.
- VCP Certification or higher is desired.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.