Sr. Product Marketing Manager – vRealize Network Insight
, - Palo Alto,California,USApply Now Job ID R1911311
Do you like to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment that offers opportunities for growth? At VMware we are tackling big opportunities, big markets, big problems – providing you an environment to be creative, collaborative and constantly learning by working with the best in the industry.
This is an exciting time – Cloud Management is going through tremendous growth and its biggest transformation expanding to new segments and delivering for on-premises and Saas offerings. Join the VMware vRealize Network Insight Marketing team as VMware expands its leadership position in the cloud management market.
VMware Product Marketing Managers are business owners who are responsible for driving the go-to-market initiatives for a product. Successful PMMs must lead cross-functional teams to meet their objectives. This leadership requires setting the overall vision for product go-to-market strategy, knowing and monitoring key performance indicators, understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales, and influencing many teams towards common goals.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As the Product Line Marketing Manager for VMware vRealize Network Insight and it’s corresponding SaaS offering, amidst the rapid growth of VMware’s Cloud Management Platform, you will expand VMware’s market leading position in operations management for network virtualization and microsegmentation security.
You will define the go-to-market strategy, sales and partner enablement, lead the product launches, define and execute marketing campaigns and programs focused on customer acquisition and retention. As part of the Product Marketing team you will work closely with VMware’s customers, partners, our sales teams, product management, and other cross-functional organizations. Specifically you will,
- Develop a deep understanding of the market for virtual networking and security. Identify customer goals, challenges, buying behaviors and sales motions and define the corresponding go-to-market strategies.
- Drive growth for SaaS offering
- Drive product positioning and messaging to clearly and simply articulate the value prop to the end user. Evangelize the positioning and messaging to industry analyst, press, bloggers, prospects, and customers.
- Launch new products and releases, be the key central ‘launch owner’ coordinating resources across the company
- Deliver measurable programs that drive bookings globally while working with regional field teams.
- Create the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (presentations, datasheets, white papers, videos, customer case studies, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of VMware’s products and solutions to customers and partners.
- Define the sales and channel strategy for specific products and solutions. Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix, and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process.
- Train the VMware sales and channel teams on product positioning and sales tools.
- Work closely with corporate marketing to determine and execute lead generation, analyst relations, and public relations programs.
- MBA and BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalents)
- 5 plus years of experience in technology product marketing or product management in the cloud, SaaS, network management, or security segments.
- Proven track record of growing new products into successful businesses, especially for enterprise products.
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits. Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative / non-traditional solutions.
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- Location - Palo Alto, CA
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub