Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr. Manager, Integrated Planning and Inventory Management
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Sr. Manager of Integrated Planning and Inventory Management will be an integral part of establishing the new VMW Global Supply Chain capabilities. This specific role will establish and lead the new Planning and Inventory Management function at VMWare. This includes being accountable for all facets of material planning including: coordination with BU Sales on demand planning; partnering with ODMs/Procurement on supply planning; establishing order scheduling policies/processes; and inventory management (finished goods, service parts). Role will play a critical role in establishing internal standards, processes and tools to support planning and inventory management. This position will provide leadership and direction on a cross functional basis working with stakeholders across a variety of support functions and business units.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Deliver an integrated planning (Supply/Demand) and inventory management capability that aligns to the go-to-market strategy for VMW hardware offerings. Define the “best fit” policies, practices and tools to support the range of activities required within the scope of integrated planning and inventory management. Role will be required to work in partnership across various functions within the VMW as well as with third party partners (ODMs, 3PLs, etc). Role should be established as the “go-to” SME related to integrated planning and inventory and should support various activities that require that expertise such as NPI, supply chain network design, provider evaluations/QBRs, etc. Also critical to the role is to lead in the establishment of internal systems/tools required to support the overall capability.
This role will regularly collaborate with leaders at all levels of the organization and across a broad range of functional areas.
The role will participate in overall business planning and innovation and should understand the organization’s supply chain strengths and future capabilities.
Additional expectations for the role:
- Continuous maintenance/adaption of the planning and inventory management capabilities.
- Champion a collaborative, problem-solving culture.
- Set departmental goals for meeting scalability and growth needs of the company.
- Develop and maintain policy, process, and procedural documentation.
- Plan and advocate for required budgets, resources and other strategic needs.
- Keep abreast of technological advances and identify areas of use
- Proactively identify and mitigate supply chain risk
- Manage necessary compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Support new product introduction collaboration process to also include processes around EOL, Engineering Change and other ODM/OEM related functions.
The role will be based out of Palo Alto, CA, however, will be required to support activities worldwide. Expected travel for the role is likely to be at least 15%. NOTE: Travel may be heavier during the implementation phase of the supply chain network.
- College degree with Masters or MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of operations/material planning experience in high technology companies.
- Experience with negotiating and managing third-party suppliers
- Previous experience with global ERP implementations
- Should be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Excellent analytical and problem skills are required
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; effective across all levels of leadership including Executive Staff.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.