Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Sr Globalization Technical Program Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. With VMware solutions, organizations are building unrivaled experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers and community.
Are you passionate about Globalization? Passionate about getting things done and continually improving processes? Can you juggle a thousand details while keeping sight of strategic objectives? When tense situations arise do you remain calm, cool and collected? The VMware Product Globalization team is currently seeking a Technical Program Manager to join its ranks.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing multiple internationalization efforts across VMware’s products and business units. You will have a significant role in driving product globalization to a new level of maturity and success, across the company’s rapidly expanding product portfolio. You will provide leadership, direction and clarity on all your projects. Clear communication by setting the right expectations and driving progress is crucial to the success of this role.
- Driving internalization support consistency across all products, and working with R&D Product Managers on internalization improvements
- Collaborating with product teams to drive product globalization support
- Prioritizing Globalization issues in our backlog
- Deep diving with product teams on internationalization issues and providing context on how they affect our international customers
- Evangelizing i18n and L10n guidelines and standard methodologies to product team
- Driving the adoption of early testing in order to find i18n issues much earlier in the development process
- Working closely with L10n project management, globalization developer, and globalization consultant teams to deliver high quality, i18n compliant, localized products on schedule
- Working closely with globalization QE team to ensure i18n quality and test efficiency
- Representing VMware at technical conferences
- Strong experience and knowledge of i18n and L10n processes and tools
- Strong ability to understand a product's Globalization needs and lead positive changes
- Experience with Agile/scrum
- Experience leading multiple cross-functional teams concurrently
- Experience establishing critical metrics to measure our program's effectiveness and efficiency
- Skilled in developing productive working relationships, influencing, and delivering results despite complexity, ambiguity and challenges
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Highly Desired Skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership. Ability to effectively get results with little supervision
- Experience as a Globalization developer or as a Globalization Quality Engineer
- Good knowledge of VMware technologies
- Strong working knowledge of JIRA
- Skilled at building dashboards, reports
- Excellent verbal/written communication, and ability to work well within a diverse, geographically distributed, multicultural environment
- History of removing obstacles and willingness to go above and beyond to make your program successful
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems
We are a diverse organization of creative thinkers, solving global problems with 55 + Patents and counting. We drive efficiency, improve the bottom line and have fun while doing it. Our products and services drive a measurable impact on the business, we do the things that matter. Make a difference in your career – be part of something bigger than all of us – Join the ROCS VMware family
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.