Sr. Director, Product Management
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
As a leader in the Product Management team for VMware NSX, you will have the overall responsibility for defining and driving the security product strategy for VMware NSX.
The VMware NSX virtualization platform is helping hundreds of customers realize the full potential of a Software-Defined Data Center. NSX delivers for networking the capabilities VMware already provides for compute and storage. Create, save, delete and restore virtual networks on demand, without reconfiguring your physical network. NSX reduces the time to provision multi-tier networking and security services from weeks to seconds, abstracting virtual networks from the underlying physical network. This lets data center operators achieve faster deployment and greater agility, while providing the flexibility to run on top of any network hardware.
VMware NSX enables customers to secure their infrastructure using intrinsic security capabilities built into the hypervisor. NSX runs across VMs, containers and cloud workloads and you will have an impact in securing and protecting critical infrastructure. You will lead a team of talented PMs and work with an engineering organization which is delivering at scale today.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understand the IT networking and security market and leverage this knowledge to produce a leading product offering.
- Participate in the product feature planning process; ensure that the product feature set meets the requirements of customers and the marketplace.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management, and Sales.
- 15-20 years work experience in product management, product marketing, product engineering, sales engineering, IT operations or equivalent experience in the enterprise software technology industry.
- Leadership experience in building and retaining strong and diverse teams
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Demonstrated ability to developcreative/non-traditionalsolutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences (e.g. VMworld)
- Ability to quickly understand technologies, algorithms, and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing implications
- Understanding the needs, scenarios, and common deployments in the enterprise datacenter is highly desirable
- Strong team skills and experience to bring together diverse views
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub