Social Media & Product Marketing Associate
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Title: Associate Manager: Content and Messaging- New Product Introduction
We are looking for sharp, creative individuals who like to think differently. In this role ,you will play an essential role in executing on a major phase of VMware’s strategy for the enterprise at the edge.
You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, partners and key influencers, while creating super creative and compelling content to help the market understand why VMware is essential to the next generation of cutting edge technologies. This position provides hands-on opportunities to help shape marketing directions and drive execution.
- Develop messaging and positioning, working closely with Product Management and sales, to differentiate us in the market
- You will work on developing strategies and content – including blogs, demo videos, infographics, presentations, whitepapers, web content, and more -- to increase awareness and sales
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Handle sales enablement as needed by creating sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) as required by the field
- You will assist with execution of industry and partner conferences and events by creating compelling messaging and product demonstrations to showcase what we can do
- BA/BS in Marketing/ Engineering/ Business/ IT; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years in enterprise product marketing for high-tech companies that target IT organizations preferred
- Strong project & organization skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; public speaking is a plus.
- Previous experience working in Internet of Things/ Edge Computing, AI/ML, Data Science, Big Data is a plus
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
- Passionate about technology, and excited to learn new things
- Ambitious, self-motivated and team player
- Willingness to work in a startup environment with "Get things done" attitude
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub