Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Senior Product Line Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Are you passionate about helping customers and delivering demonstrable value to them? Are you excited by the prospect of helping Fortune 2000 customers expand into Hybrid Cloud Computing to modernize their data center infrastructure so that they can innovate faster? Do you want to enable them to provide consistent enterprise infrastructure that spans the Core Data Center, the Public Cloud and the Edge? Are you interested in taking to market a platform that supports both traditional applications and containers? Our team is looking for someone to refine and promote VMware Cloud Foundation the key to delivering a proven hybrid cloud platform.
Join the most exciting, fastest growing product group at VMware. VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF) is enterprise infrastructure software from VMware that brings the promise of cloud to the enterprise. We are in the search for an experienced product marketer to join our high performing team.
In VMware’s Integrated Systems Business unit, we are working to build products and solutions that power the hybrid cloud. As a product marketer in this team, you will be working with our largest customers to define the next generation of industry-leading cloud platform.
We are looking for someone to formulate business strategies, create and market targeted solutions across Geos for Cloud Foundation.
The Sr. Product Line Marketing Manager will be responsible for building a complete solutions marketing strategy, overseeing business growth, pricing and packaging strategy and launch, outbound marketing strategy and execution, and delivering field enablement execution plans for hybrid cloud solutions that combine the best of VMware’s data center virtualization and cloud management technologies.
You will also be responsible for helping create the messaging for Cloud Foundation, as well as explaining the value of this product to the VMware sales force in critical sales situations.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluate priorities and formulate overall segment solution marketing plans and sales plays including specific measures of success.
- Develop solution selling recommendations based on market segment requirements. This includes VMware product portfolio recommendations including collaboration with pricing and packaging.
- Research, develop and execute segment business plans including market sizing, win/loss analysis, customer use-case requirements, and competitive positioning.
- Work with internal key stakeholders and partners to develop joint solutions and marketing tools that enable Account Teams to successfully win new business.
- Develop clear, compelling segment (industry and functional) value propositions, based on pain points that resonate with customers and prospects.
- Cross functional deliverables include - industry and function specific content such as integrated how-to-sell materials with partners, segment-targeted customer presentations, customer case studies, reference architectures/solution demos and ROI models.
- The successful candidate will have managed the industry and solutions marketing function in a software company selling to large enterprises.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in industry, solution Product Marketing/Product Management or Technical Marketing/Solution Architecture in the enterprise infrastructure software or systems market.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and be comfortable driving strategic, high level objectives with minimum supervision.
- Collaborative approach and ability to drive results through influence. This position works with Product Marketing/Product Management/Technical Marketing and Field Sales Leadership to provide direction and/or drive the creation of segment-specific solutions enabling content.
- Education - BS/MS in EE/CE/Computer Science or equivalent work experience with min 7 years of experience in customer facing, business roles.
- Domain expertise in enterprise and cloud infrastructure is a must - storage, server, desktop virtualization, application technologies
- Experience with software business models and cloud technologies is a strong plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.