Senior Product Line Marketing Manager - Cloud Platform Business Unit
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware Cloud Platform is VMware's largest business unit, with 500,000 customers in over 100 countries. vSphere is the foundation of the compute business for VMware and the industry leading server virtualization platform that powers the SDDC solution stacks across the company. As announced recently in VMworld 2019 , the leadership position of vSphere in virtualization and VM’s, is being extended to Containers and Kubernetes (K8s) with Project Pacific(k8s in vSphere) . In addition to CPU virtualization, vSphere is also bringin new capabilities for the growing GPU virtualization market supporting AI/ML workloads. It’s an exciting time to be in the largest product line in the company as it looks to transform the container and GPU markets while maintaining its market leadership in server virtualization.
This position will be responsible for the strategic product marketing function ; covering monetization strategy , packaging & pricing , business planning & GTM, for the vSphere product platform including new initiatives for Project Pacific (K8s on vSphere) and AI/ML workloads.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the packaging and pricing function across the vSphere Product platform - defining the monetization strategy for a profitable and scalable business
- Collaborate with PMM teams to communicate business related messaging, pricing and packaging, and TCO/ROI analytics of the unique capabilities of the vSphere platform.
- Analyze competitive intelligence, industry trends , market position, market share and growth rates to shape business strategy
- Data driven and highly analytical approach to measure product sales , pricing , discounts and business metrics to reflect performance and plan for continuous improvements
- Drive comprehensive market research using both primary/secondary data to support segmentation , packaging , pricing , positioning , business value decisions
- Define market segmentation and GTM positioning for offerings across the vSphere portfolio , for successful market penetration
- Establish the differentiated product / economics model to support the positioning of an offer in the market
- Define overall packaging strategy with industry best practices around different licensing models – Perpetual , Subscription , SaaS , Term et al across on prem and cloud
- Lead the overall product promotions and incentives strategy to drive growth and customer adoption
- Foster strong relationships with multiple cross functional business units and product teams for driving solution stacks that aggregate multiple offerings
- Engage directly with the field sales teams on enabling business value conversations with customers , strategic deal structuring and analysis and approvals framework for deal exceptions
- Deep understanding of e2e operational workflows and ability to partner with Finance , Legal , Revenue , IT , Backoffice , Sales and Operations; for driving implementation
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 6 years of relevant work experience in Strategic Marketing areas in a Technology company
- Ability to create customer-facing presentation content independently, author detailed market research documents, and conduct pricing and packaging proposals
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large volume of data and deal with complex uncertain scenarios and incomplete information
- Ability to communicate at an executive level with compelling , clear , logical and data driven arguments
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable delivering presentations to large audiences on an international scale.
- Solid knowledge of the IT vendor ecosystem.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of deliverables.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MBA required.
- Top tier management consulting experience in Tech sector preferred
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub