Senior Product Line Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The number and severity of security incidents continues to grow, and it’s not because organizations aren’t spending enough money on IT security. In fact, we are spending more than ever on security solutions however security losses continue to outpace the investment companies are making. Traditional IT security needs an overhaul that looks at ways security can be an integrated part of the infrastructure vs. an afterthought. Virtual infrastructure platforms are an ideal place for this level of product integration between infrastructure and security.
THIS is where you come in.
The VMware Security Products Group (SPG) is looking for a Product Management professional to focus on defining and delivering the next-gen security products. VMware SPG is a new and exciting team within the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU), focused on building new security solutions for the software-defined data center. The NSBU is the fastest growing business within the VMware portfolio.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, and share new ideas. You must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners, and internal teams in both small and large group settings, and feel passionate about delivering innovative product value.
- Be the overall product owner on one or more products delivering by the Security Products Group
- Continually evaluate market conditions and the competitive landscape and incorporate that feedback into product requirements
- Present to internal stakeholders on strategy, business plan, or resource requirements
- Manage the agile development process from a product owner perspective
- Deliver new security products to market and manage their growth
- Present product vision/strategy/roadmap to customers on a regular basis
- 7-10 years of Product Management experience
- Prior experience in the IT security or virtualization
- Deep technical aptitude
- Background in user-centered product delivery principles
- Proven track record in delivering enterprise-grade products to market
- Possess a very high level of comfort in working and interfacing with developers on product requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with the Agile development process
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline
- Prior experience as an engineer or security administrator
- Track record of building version 1 product(s)
- Product Marketing or GTM experience
About Our Team
VMware Security Products Group (SPG) is part of the rapidly growing Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) at VMware. Our goal is the development of new security solutions for IT security stakeholders in the software-defined data center, both in private and public cloud environments. The team is excited to be actively building new security solutions that integrate with VMware’s industry leading virtualization platforms.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub