Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Senior SaaS Program Manager (New Cloud Services Strategy, Launch, GTM)
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
The Business Readiness group at VMware sits within Worldwide Customer Operations. The goal of the Business Readiness team is to drive GTM readiness for all product launches across VMware Business Units, Marketing, Support Services, Operations, Field and includes Lifecycle Management of all new offers brought to market. You are a natural Program Management leader and facilitator; driven, organized and detail oriented; adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; communicating with ease at all levels; working across functions as a great influencer, collaborator and teammate. You are highly resourceful, customer-focused and have an ability to work independently under time constraints. You tackle end-to-end ownership and successfully deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will be responsible for taking the BU Cloud products from Preview, Beta to Announce and Availability, driving all aspects of GTM Business Readiness across Marketing (Web, AR,PR, Localization), Field (Core, Specialists, SE) Partners (Routes to Market), Operations (Software Pricing, Licensing, Packaging, etc), Sales Operations, Customer Success and Global Support Services.
- Thought leadership in bringing SaaS Products to market with focus on New Service Introduction
- Engage with the Engineering, Release Management and Product Management(PM), Product Marketing Managers (PMM) teams early in development cycle
- Drive all phases of product life cycle management across GTM functions (cradle to grave)
- Liaise with Business Units & GTM SMEs from Marketing, Services, Partner, Field, Customer Success and Operations to drive launch planning and execution
- Prepare launch Bill of Materials, run Launch meetings & communicate overall launch status
- Lead and prioritize risk mitigation strategies. Look for innovation and improvements to fine tune VMware NSI and GTM business readiness blueprint
- Deliver assigned BU offerings on time in support of business unit roadmap/schedules
- Act as a trusted partner, advisor and launch execution SME for the cross functional stakeholders and Business Units
- 10+ years GTM product launch experience with 5+ years of bringing SaaS/Cloud products to market
- Thought leadership in creating the SaaS blueprint for New Service Introduction process at their company
- Understanding of and having been through SaaS transformation in their company to move the needle to recurring revenue
- Experience driving New Service Introduction(NSI) Launch and EOA/EOL activities (pricing, packaging, licensing, upgrades, announcements, field/partner readiness, marketing readiness, change management etc)
- Excel in Program Management skills
- Experience leading. product releases and lifecycle management (Cloud)
- Understanding of Release Management SDLC, CICD methodologies and release aspects (major, minor, versioning etc)
- Experience implementing, leading launches to sell and support product offerings
- Fair Understanding of Private, Hybrid and Public Clouds. Virtualization concepts (Network, Compute, Storage)
- Adapts well to continuously changing priorities and opportunities
- Ability to execute in a dynamic environment
- Ability to successfully influence and work with cross-functional teams to deliver on schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- Are you eager to translate high-level business objectives into actions?
- Do you have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives?
- Do you have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage?
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.