Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Senior Manager, Strategic Programs, Business Operations and Communications
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees grow with forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative dedication to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. We are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Are you passionate about solving complex problems that impact marketing and business operations? Would you like to lead the communications strategy for large programs? Does operational excellence, best practice sharing, and continuous learning excite you?
VMware is seeking a business operations leader who can leverage their understanding of efficiency and scalability to drive operational excellence and culture change for the Global Marketing organization at VMware. You are strong at building relationships with stakeholders and conveying messages to segmented audiences. You will have a keen desire to motivate and educate employees. An ability to be creative and translate complex programs into benefits employees care about is essential to your success.
This position will report to a Sr. Director of Business Operations but will partner closely with the SVP of Solutions, Cloud, and Portfolio Marketing.
As part of this role will:
- You will drive a best-in-class communications platform, crafting clear messages and segmenting them by audience, creating strategic program newsletters and presentations, planning out the right message at the right time to the right audience
- You will be creative in telling the story for transformative programs, conveying future benefits, value and vision to employees at all levels within the organization
- You will lead an advocacy program to motivate employees and drive change, generating excitement through gamification, awards and recognition, planning out benefits and responsibilities of members
- You will own and deliver education for the marketing organization through a variety of channels including webinar series and learning microsite, creating content and amplifying it to audiences
- You will lead the design and branding for all parts of the communications platform, creating consistency and aesthetic appeal to artifacts
- You will manage the learning hub microsite, creating educational materials, posting to the site and maintenance
- You will manage the program collaboration hub, creating an environment for teams to work together and move forward with agility
- You will manage multiple vendors to support program development, creative, and asset development, managing a quarterly budget to components of the communications platform
- You will develop and design metrics and reporting to ensure communications are highly impactful, relevant and ever-evolving
- You will encourage and foster agile techniques to improve Marketing workflows
- You will provide ad-hoc program support
- 8+ years of communications, operations, or program management experience supporting large, scale programs
- Excellent communication skills with an extraordinary ability to corral and work collaboratively across various groups, influence without authority, including senior management
- Creativity to think and execute out of the box techniques that drive change
- Strong program & organization management skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- An appetite for and aptitude to leverage data in the decision-making and planning processes
- Digital transformation experience
- An understanding of agile development
- An ability to accelerate time-sensitive programs through agile execution
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations – or related industry experience
- Willing to travel up to 20%
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.