Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The Revenue Technical Accounting Team’s mission is to properly interpret and apply revenue recognition guidance in order to mitigate business and financial risks and ensure the accounting for sales transactions are accurately recorded and reported in a timely manner. We are part of a wider Revenue Team comprising of over 100 people.
You will be report to the Director of Technical Accounting.
You should be highly motivated and focused, have a great attention to detail, excellent analytical skills with an ability to research and problem solve. You are able to work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. You will also have a proven interest in reporting as well as systems, and enjoy working in a fast paced and changing environment.
Primary responsibilities will involve accounting duties (under US GAAP) associated with the integration of a newly acquired company, VeloCloud (http://www.velocloud.com). This role will be an integral part in building the end-to-end accounting, business, and system processes for this acquisition as we integrate the entity. You will also be in charge of handling the day-to-day activities including the monthly close processes, as well as running the initiative to transform accounting operations under the new revenue standard. VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
- Perform monthly close-related activities: reconciliations, reporting/disclosures, journal entries, and tax requests
- Perform and oversee customer contract deal review and write up
- Assist with technical accounting positions for hardware/software/SaaS model and implementation within NetSuite
- Actively identify issues and assist in optimizing NetSuite system and reports, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes
- Document systems and manual process and procedures
- Perform ad-hoc analyses
- Provide leadership and oversite to staff accountants
- Partner with the revenue forecasting team and assist with forecasting requests
- Sarbanes-Oxley-related procedures
- 8+ years of public or private high-tech company experience in revenue recognition accounting
- Working knowledge of/and experience with implementation of ASC 606 required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work at the detail level
- Systems: experience with NetSuite or a similar ERP system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work cross functionally at various levels
- Experience in the hardware/inventory industries
- Advanced Excel skills
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.