Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Legal
Become a trusted advisor, who gives innovative and strategic legal advice to VMware’s global operations. Our integrity-driven legal team upholds the highest standards of business and professional conduct while helping us achieve our goals.
Senior Litigation Paralegal
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Position: Senior Litigation Paralegal
Anticipated Salary Range: TBD
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 23,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Come Work with the VMware Litigation, Employment, Cybersecurity & Regulatory Compliance Team
VMware’s Legal Department is a global team of dedicated legal, compliance, and government relations professionals who share a passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate every aspect of VMware’s fast-growing business.
The Legal Department’s Litigation, Employment, Cybersecurity & Regulatory Compliance (“LECRC”) Team is seeking a Senior Litigation Paralegal to join this global, high-caliber organization. Your main role will be to support the Litigation Group, which includes the eDiscovery Team. And from time-to-time you may also support the Cybersecurity, Regulatory Compliance, and Employment Law Groups.
About the LECRC Team
The VMware LECRC Team is a global team that focuses on identifying and managing risks and threats, providing practical legal guidance to our clients, and defending the Company against claims anywhere across the globe. Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach to providing legal advice. If you are looking to join an energetic team where you can be a team builder and a standout colleague, then you have found the place.
As a Senior Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for a wide range of projects and matters, including, for example, supporting active litigation by assisting with interviews and document collections, assisting with discovery, creating and maintaining case records in a case management system, assisting with eDiscovery projects and matters, conducting research, and supporting and conducting fact investigations. You will also develop and manage relationships across the Legal Department and with internal business and support functions. In addition, you should be familiar with the litigation process, trial preparation, eDiscovery processes, legal holds, and legal and eDiscovery technology. This position will be located at VMware’s headquarters in Palo Alto.
- Collaborate with internal teams and outside counsel to support litigation matters, subpoena responses, and pre-litigation disputes
- Assist with eDiscovery tasks, such as creating and managing litigation holds, collecting emails, documents, and other data, liaising with our outside eDiscovery vendor, in-house counsel, and outside counsel
- Compile and update litigation master files
- Conduct research, analyze documents, and correspond with parties, counsel, and third-party vendors
- Manage departmental trackers and prepare reports for internal stakeholders
- Assist with managing and tracking team budgets, outside counsel budgets, accruals, and administrative set up of new matters
- Build and develop rapport with other organizations within the Company
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years paralegal experience in either an in-house legal department or law firm, including eDiscovery and litigation support experience
- Trial preparation and support experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience with business administration or project management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Positive, personable, strong interpersonal skills, and an upbeat “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive with successful time management skills to perform multiple tasks and manage concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with computer systems and forensic collection of electronic data
- Experience using legal review platforms such as Relativity
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Proofpoint, CounselLink, and Exterro a plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.