Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Senior Financial Analyst - Cloud Products
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
The Cloud Services finance team is helping establish VMware as a leading player in hybrid cloud. The team focuses on VMware’s SaaS portfolio, helping drive the shift from perpetual licensing model into subscription licensing.
As the SFA in the Cloud Services finance team, you will work alongside the business partners in VMware’s Products Division. You will provide financial advice, planning, and analysis to the business partner and his/her staff that helps the business meet or exceed goals. This role will focus on public cloud/SaaS related products.
- Drive improvements in execution and FP&A reporting for VMware's SaaS portfolio. Key processes include: billing, spend optimization, capacity planning, discounting, and revenue reporting
- Report and model Bookings/Revenue actuals and plan on quarterly business reviews and short & long-term planning
- Provide R&D investment decisions and review spend & headcount analysis
- Support M&A transactions: financial due diligence and integration
- Help track the Business Unit pro-forma statements
- Lead one or more of the critical financial planning & analysis processes for the Products Division. Examples include: business trends, pricing and packaging analysis & recommendation, and investment/p&l analysis.
- Create, improve, and streamline processes as needed. Champion framework and drive adoption
- Collaborate with the Products FP&A team and other VMware Finance teams to enhance the function’s contribution to the company. Share best practices, identify gaps, lead change and help determine priorities.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting or related fields
- 3 - 5 years of experience in finance/accounting with a strong record of career progression
- Experience working in an enterprise software, SaaS, or other high-tech company
- Proven results providing finance business partnering to R&D/Product Management executives
- Deep understanding of accounting and compliance requirements
- Ability to build analytical models that can be driven into standard planning tools
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & Power Point, and Oracle or SAP Financial reporting tools
- MBA preferred
- Strong and independent thinker and influencer
- Track record of showing finance leadership in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong initiative and collaborative work-style
- Strength in succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact
- Ability to drive process-based improvement across functions and within Finance
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.