Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Senior Business Analyst - Sales Analytics
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The Enterprise Data Analytics organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware is a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
This Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for working with key business customers and IT teams to deliver Business Intelligence solutions to support VMware’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
This position will be a key point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities for VMware’s Sales organization. By forming a strong partnership with other cross-functional teams – such as IT, operations, and sales teams – this Senior Analyst will help ensure alignment on reporting / analytic initiatives and the underlying data architecture and ecosystem.
The position requires strong analytical, and communication skills. The Senior Business Analyst will need to work independently, across distributed teams at different levels of the organization.
Responsibilities & Scope:
• Act as subject matter expert and point-of-contact for BI / Analytics activities in the Sales Analytics group.
• In partnership with Sales operations, define intuitive, insightful, actionable, and compelling dashboards based on Salesforce Einstein / Wave Analytics.
• Enable Wave solutions to be embedded into and available within our wider SFDC ecosystem
• Provide guidance on Wave capabilities and limitations to the broader team in enabling scalable dashboards and applications
• Provide best practices direction and implement approaches for content governance, taxonomy, and UI consistency within Wave
• Develop and deploy dashboards in Wave, Tableau/BOBJ based on requirements and architecture guidance from EDA
• Proactively engage with project teams to understand the data / reporting impact of system and process changes
• Align with IT and product teams on the foundational data architecture to enable Sales stakeholders to leverage a common reporting and analytic platform
• Empower stakeholders by developing data-driven capabilities for obtaining and utilizing business insights
• Develop expertise on Sales business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
• Collaborate on the definition of KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business
• Lead reporting projects as needed, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end lifecycle – from requirements through UAT, deployment
• Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption of reporting and analytics solutions
• Perform data analysis as needed to identify trends and key drivers of metrics
• Promote and support self-service reporting across Sales stakeholder organizations
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in delivering enterprise-wide business intelligence and analytics solutions.
• Strong background in dashboard \ report development, Business Analysis, and Requirements Development.
• Expertise in designing and building Einstein /Wave Analytic applications and experience articulating Wave design and implementation best practices.
• Should be proficient in UI Visualization, Dashboard Design, Desktop and Mobile Layouts, and Bindings
• Experience in designing security and access in Wave utilizing enterprise security framework and integrations
• Good understanding of data architecture spanning across systems
• Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools: Tableau and SQL skills are mandatory; SAP Business Objects is good to have.
• Functional knowledge of Sales business models and related metrics.
• Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
• Should be able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication with stakeholders
• Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preference for Computer Science
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.