RFP Program Manager
, - Palo Alto,California,USApply Now Job ID R1910381
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. With 2016 revenues of $7.09 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware's SD-WAN by VeloCloud is solving IT’s problem of cost effectively provisioning enterprise branches with reliable, high performance as well as managed access to public and private cloud applications. As applications and services migrate from enterprise hosted and managed sites and data centers to the cloud, reliable access over fixed and mobile broadband becomes critical. Existing solutions are suited for larger, IT supported sites, accessing enterprise data centers over private, dedicated networks, which are often expensive to procure and operate. VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud is disrupting the extended enterprise infrastructure market – unlike conventional solutions that require complex branch and data center appliances. We see SD-WAN becoming the programmable on-ramp and platform for cloud delivered services and applications.
We are currently looking for a motivated, energetic, and quick learner to join our team as an RFP Program Manager. The ideal candidate must be self-disciplines, organized, and have excellent writing and editing capabilities. If you have the self-discipline and drive to deliver an exemplary work product while working under a tight deadline, this role is for you! This role will be responsible for leading all activities involved in the preparation and writing of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Qualifications (RFQ), and Requests for Proposals (RFP). This includes the development of proposals, curating and moderation of content for enterprise, service provider and federal customers. The RFP Program Manager will work closely with the Technical Marketing teams and other Subject Matter Experts to produce and support proposals to assists the sales and field team to ultimately secure a winning bid.
- Implement a transparent and effective processes to manage high volume RFx requests
- Build strong working relationships at the sales and sales engineering leadership and collaborate across organizational /functional boundaries
- Develop and maintain boilerplate response template that can be leveraged by partners
- Write non-technical materials (cover letters, executive summaries, staff bios, etc …).
- Manage Response Database: Tasked with organizing and tracking all requests and responses using company database of approved answers. It is the responsibility of the RFP Program Manager to maintain and update the databases regularly to ensure accurate answers are available to the broader field team and select partners.
- Identify and collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to augment answers in the Response Database and provide timely responses to the field teams.
- Coach Sales Staff: The RFP Program Manager acts as a coach for leading sales staff such as Account Managers and Sales Executives. They guide staff through the entire deal cycle and help them score large deals for the company. Acting as a mentor, their goal is to train and educate sales staff in a way that will spark company growth.
- Coordinate deadline-driven proposal submissions through close communication and coordination to meet specific technical requirements addressed in RFP/RFQ solicitations.
- Develop and tailor proposal responses to address items such as important concepts and terms, client needs, critical issues, and company strengths through a well-crafted document.
- Edit and proofread proposals, technical documents, and marketing collateral for grammar and clarity to ensure continuity and quality of marketing materials.
- Provide proposal printing and production support including assembly and delivery of final documents.
Requirements & Skills
- BA or BS degree.
- At least 3 years of experience as a program manager for a technology-based company, preferably a cloud-based service company
- Past Technical Marketing or Sales experience with enterprise, service provider and federal customers.
- Strong, creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and situation leadership skills
- Result driven and able to motivate or inspire Project Staff
- Ability to be agile and work with different people and ability to remain calm under pressure
- Self-directed, with a customer service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advocating for the customer to the Product Management team
- Constantly learning about new technologies and methods for innovation
- Able to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Enjoys collaborating and being part of a team
- Strong Information management skills
- Excellent organizational, file management, and time management skills to effectively meet and stay ahead on multiple deadlines
- Proven demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Must work well in a collaborative environment with other team members
- Experience with Enterprise, Service Provider and Federal sales processes
- Experience with Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) contract structures and standard language
- Experience with RFP management tools such as Loopio, Scout RFP, RFPIO, etc ...
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub