Product Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Join the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) to help VMware as THE leader in the emerging network and workload security space. Product Marketing plays a meaningful role in driving solutions into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer and partner awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. Our team is looking for a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with a background in enterprise software to focus on the strategy and execution of Customer Advocacy for the VMware Networking and Security portfolio.
In this role you will be recruiting and managing high-touch reference relationships across the global customer base. You will work closely with Sales, Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Management, Professional Services, and Support to solicit customer nominations. The Customer Advocacy Manager will convert nominations into active program participants that will support a wide spectrum of public and private reference activities servicing the needs of sales, marketing, product management, and PR/Analyst Relations
- Work with sales and product teams to identify top customer accounts and cultivate champions to participate in marketing activities (including case studies, videos, speaking at events, customer panels, peer-to-peer references, analyst surveys and comms).
- Engage with customers to agree to co-marketing, including building a strong rapport and relationship with each and every engagement.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of all customer references and maintain a reference database to track customer participation.
- Design and execute on customer advisory boards; engage and recruit practioners and C-level executives from customers for these events
- Manage reference status, document customer use cases, respond to Marketing and Sales requests, and cultivate new references for the program.
- Partner with Field Marketing to source a pipeline of customer speakers for local and regional events; support with speaker selection, prep, and ensure a positive customer experience throughout the engagement.
- Envision and drive thought leadership events to help build VMware’s brand in Networking and Security
- Help drive the BU strategy and execution for VMworld and manage customer engagement at VMworld
- 2+ years of work experience in product marketing, sales, or customer success in the enterprise software technology industry
- Ability to work cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Customer Success and creative teams
- Strong project, program, and time management skills with the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal qualities
- Excellent verbal, written, and collaboration skills are essential
- Bachelors in engineering, or related industry experience
Business Unit: Networking & Security: IT departments are spending more on security than ever before, but the damage caused by data breaches keeps getting worse. To solve this problem, VMware’s Networking and Security team is challenging traditional thinking about IT security. We take a software-based approach that brings customers new levels of usability and effectiveness in today’s fast-changing public and private cloud environments. We’re tackling one of IT’s toughest problems by helping customers manage networking and security services through a single pane of glass across diverse environments. Our software solutions free IT environments from physical constraints to help them achieve superior agility, tighter security, and faster provisioning. Are you looking for the opportunity to help revolutionize IT security? We invite you to join our tightly knit team that’s driven to quickly deliver top-quality solutions to this pressing industry problem. You’ll boost your career by working on cutting-edge innovations in the cloud, security, networking, SD-WAN, and container spaces.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub