Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is looking for a Product Management professional for driving the Managed Service Provider (MSP) business for our Cloud Provider Software Business Unit.
This role will actively engage with Product Management teams in other business units, Engineering, Product Marketing, presales, customers, and partners. We are looking for candidates who have a strong background in SaaS based offerings, as well as experienced in delivering or enabling Managed Services on top of SaaS offerings.
Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers must possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers must work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
- Define, prioritize, plan and drive the execution of VMware’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform to support the MSP business
- Actively engage with Product Management teams in other business units, Engineering, Product Marketing, presales, customers, and partners and act as CEO of the MSP SaaS platform responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning, and driving the execution of the vision for bringing VMware products to the MSP route to market.
- Define the platform requirements for the SaaS Platform to support MSP business.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities in software engineering.
- Translate business priorities into actionable, clearly communicated product requirements for engineering. Make detailed plans for the development of new product features and designs.
- Manage the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in engineering projects. Direct, review, and approve project design changes. Check the technical accuracy of staff work.
- Collaborate with other product managers across various VMware business units to understand their roadmaps, and use that knowledge to drive scope of offerings available via managed service provider (MSP) platforms.
- Influence the roadmaps/capabilities in the partner VMware business units to include features needed for MSP enablement.
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and tactical work with other business units to enable integrations.
- Work closely with Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
- Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements and translate these requirements into product requirements that the engineering team can deliver within specification, on time, and within budget.
- Represent VMware at conferences and other events.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Software Product Manager
- Prior experience in SaaS and Managed Services
- The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for defining a scalable, extensible service platform and will serve as a strong advocate for our customers
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Exemplary skills in creative problem solving
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required
- A team player with passion, initiative, and leadership ability
- BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics plus, MS/ MBA preferred
- Travel up to 25%
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.