Product Line Marketing Manager - Cloud Platform Business Unit
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware Cloud Platform is VMware's largest business unit, with 500,000 customers in over 100 countries. VMware's Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU), includes the following lines of business - vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS, and VMware Cloud for On-Prem. CPBU also drives two major new product line initiatives for Project Pacific (K8s on vSphere) and the VMware Hybrid Cloud Platform. It’s an exciting time to be a part of CPBU Product Marketing as it looks to transform the hybrid cloud, container and GPU markets while maintaining its market leadership in server virtualization.
This position will be part of CPBU marketing strategy and operations team ; responsible for business analytics and strategic planning across the product portfolio . This role will cover the complete lifecycle of analytics from Demand Gen , Pipeline , Forecast , Sales, Bookings, Consumption and Industry data, to drive business insights and support decision making.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Build a data driven business analytics foundation for the CPBU product portfolio to support decision making
- Engage in strategic planning process with leadership team supporting business strategy with data driven analytics
- Drive deeper insights to improve business performance covering Marketing , Pipeline , Sales , Customers and Industry
- Analyze metrics & trends for Industry data including competitive intelligence, industry trends , market position, market share
- Analyze metrics & trends for Marketing performance including demand gen , pipeline, campaigns , conversion, engagement
- Analyze metrics & trends for Sales performance including opportunity funnel, cycle times , coverage , close rates
- Analyze metrics & trends for Customer and market data including segmentation , penetration , consumption , targets
- Analyze metrics & trends for Financial performance including bookings , discounts , rebates , asp , units , RTM
- Foster strong relationships with multiple cross functional teams across Product , Marketing , Finance , IT , Operations , BU’s , Sales to drive analytics and planning
- Collaborate with PMM teams to communicate business related messaging and compelling presentations to support analysis
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in Strategic Marketing areas covering business analytics and planning in a Technology company
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large volume of data and deal with complex scenarios and incomplete information
- Ability to communicate at an executive level with compelling , clear , logical and data driven arguments
- Ability to build complex models and lead quantitative analysis for supporting business decisions
- Ability to represent complex data and analysis with simplicity
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable delivering presentations to audiences on an international scale.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of deliverables.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MBA required.
- Top tier management consulting experience in Tech sector highly desirable
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub