Product Line Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Team/business Unit Summary
VeloCloud is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud‐Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
VMware acquired VeloCloud, the market leader in cloud-delivered SD-WAN. By acquiring VeloCloud, VMware will build on the success of the industry’s leading network virtualization platform – VMware NSX – and expand the company’s networking portfolio to address end-to-end automation, application continuity, branch transformation and security from the data center to cloud edge.
Velocloud and You
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud.
Do you love to make new things, design and develop cool stuff that will be used by legions of people ? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment ? If you want the thrill of your life, want to change the world and work with and learn from a team of rock star engineers, then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Job roles and responsibilities
- Drive product requirements based on detailed understanding of customer requirements as well as competitive alternatives.
- Document detailed descriptions of use cases, IT administrator workflows and deployment scenarios.
- Delivering detailed mockups of GUIs as input for development
- Ability to also perform market development with early adopters, evangelizing the product to potential customers.
- Experience with Agile development process a plus.
- Also provide product marketing deliverables for go-to-market such as data sheets and whitepapers.
- Participate in defining and executing strategic technology partnerships, anticipating to be primarily with other cloud services and applications vendors.
- Work with product management, engineering peers to deliver solutions and identifying new opportunities to improve VeloCloud products and culture
Our products and teams are growing fast, and most of your work will be driving new features using some of the most current frameworks and libraries, working with Network protocols, Linux C/C++, RESTful APIs, and web-based frontends. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
- Fluent with networking solutions for enterprise WAN.
- Experience with Virtualization and Networking (Routers, Firewall, WAN)
- Handle end to end workflows including management plane (monitoring & configuration)
- Focus on ease of use targeting mid-to large enterprise customers.
- You should have at least 7 years industry experience, and at least 2 years of product management experience. Prior experience in engineering, technical marketing or product marketing is useful as well.
- Networking certifications (CCNP, CCIE etc), MBA, and Engineering degree are pluses.2+ years experience building and managing fast, agile teams
- Experience with third party Cloud Services (AWS, Rackspace, etc).
- Security expertise with NG Firewalls, Cloud Security services
- Ability to drive external partners and use them to provide extend our solutions or build custom solutions
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub