Product Line Manager, Cloud Infrastructure
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Do you consider yourself a versatile product manager with solid background in taking cloud and enterprise software products from inception to launch? Are you looking for an opportunity to fast track your product management career?
In VMware’s cloud platform business unit, we are working to create products and solutions that power the hybrid cloud. As a product manager in this team, you will get to work with our largest customers to define the next generation of industry-leading cloud platform. You will own vSphere feature roadmaps, drive releases, analyze market opportunities, and work with customers and internal product engineering teams to drive product releases. You will get to work with highly motivated and very smart engineers. You will drive new initiatives around software appliances, streamlined delivery of software-defined data center components to on premise and public clouds, and explore solutions for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure market.
This team is growing rapidly and we are investing heavily in expanding our feature set to support cloud scale and customer demand. We are seeking a product manager who’s passionate about working on challenging business and technical problems, and making a difference to how millions of users around the world are consuming the cloud. Looking for you to provide thought leadership and strategic product direction. This is a highly visible position, and you will own key initiatives and interact with leaders at various levels across business units.
VMware powers more than half of the data centers in the world, which also speaks to our product leadership. Customers around the world – from startups, to research institutes, to established enterprises – use VMware’s technologies to build and deliver clouds.
• Drive the product direction for cloud management products working closely with customers, product marketing, sales, support and cross-functional PMs
• Conduct competitive analysis and market research to guide product planning
• Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each feature set
• Work side-by-side with engineering, design, and program management in a fast-paced environment to deliver products to market
• Work closely with Product Marketing to define the go-to-market plan
• Define, track, interpret, and report on key product success metrics
• Exceptional leadership skills to influence and drive multiple teams toward a common vision and roadmap
• Strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• 8+ years of overall experience with at least 4 years in product management
• Demonstrated experience creating product specifications, performing competitive analysis and/or market research
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience desired
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub