Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Privacy Program Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Business Summary VMware’s Privacy Program Office is responsible for assisting the enterprise in operationalizing compliance with global privacy laws. Our team has a deep understanding of the company’s business objectives and products and services, to be able provide strategic assistance as it navigates the evolving legal privacy landscape.
As a member of the Privacy Program Office, you will report to the Chief Privacy Officer (CPO). Under the supervision of the CPO, you will work with the legal team and cross-functional stakeholders to embed privacy-related controls into business processes and applications that collect, store, and use personal data.
- Develop and maintain training and awareness materials, in support of VMware’s Privacy Training Curriculum
- Engage across compliance functions to draft, implement and maintain a privacy control framework
- Draft privacy-related standards, guidelines and playbooks to support business stakeholders implement of privacy controls
- Work with business unit stakeholders to implement privacy-related requirements into business processes and applications
- Drive the administration of VMware’s suite of privacy compliance tools, providing regular reports to the CPO and Global Privacy Legal Lead
- Work with legal and business stakeholders to support the administration of information rights requests
You will also be expected to perform, as necessary, day-to-day activities which include:
- Collaborate with privacy and security professionals on projects related to compliance with data protection and privacy related requirements
- Support on-going compliance initiatives to ensure business teams are operating in accordance with VMware’s internal data privacy principles, standards and procedures
- Provide project management support for VMware’s CPO and the privacy operations council
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent project or program management experience
- Minimum five year of experience in consultant, legal, or program management environment with at least two years in privacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence across stakeholder groups
- Experience with Privacy Technologies such as OneTrust and BigID
- Additional education or certifications in Data Privacy (e.g., CIPP)
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.