Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Legal
Become a trusted advisor, who gives innovative and strategic legal advice to VMware’s global operations. Our integrity-driven legal team upholds the highest standards of business and professional conduct while helping us achieve our goals.
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
You will be a member of the Privacy Legal Team Product Technology and Law/Privacy Group, who . We provides global privacy advice to the company in all aspects of the business. and supporting the R&D, CTO and Marketing teams. We strive for a deep understanding of company’s business objectives and products and services to be able provide practical, strategic assistance as the companyit navigates the evolving legal landscape.
Job Role and Responsibility
You are responsible for handling a wide range of privacy and product related matters, including following:
- Conduct data privacy risk assessments of products and service offerings and cultivate privacy by design and alignment with applicable legal requirements and corporate data protection policies and standards.
- Conduct risk assessments and provide data protection advice on third party data processors and vendor transactions and new programs.
- Support the maintenance of a global corporate data privacy program and compliance standards working in close collaboration with the wider Data Privacy Office team.
- Analyze and assist in developing policy positions on data and privacy protection legislation in the United States.
- Advise on the requirements and restrictions for international transfer of personal data and its contracting parties in the context of European data processing and information transfers, including the use of mechanisms such as BCRs and Privacy Shield.
- Advise on appropriate data protection terms for vendors, supplier, customer and employee agreements, as well as RFP's, bids, and strategic business partnerships.
- Negotiate data protection and privacy terms in agreements with vendors and suppliers who provide services and technology to VMware’s R&D teams, including inbound license agreements and data protection agreements.
- Negotiate agreements that support strategic technology relationships.
- Support commercial attorneys handling customer negotiations relating to privacy questions.
- Collaborate with and support other lawyers with respect to legal forms, agreements, policies and notices to protect commercial and legal position in relation to data privacy requirements.Draft and update both internal and external privacy policies and notices.
- Advise on data subject access requests.
- Support critical incident management processes in addressing suspected or actual data privacy and security incidents.
- Develop training materials for legal staff, management and employees relating to data privacy, including key legal issues, laws and regulations, corporate policies and other relevant matters.
- Teach and mentor attorneys who are interested in developing privacy law skills.
- Some limited travel may be required as part of the role.
- Qualified to practice law in the United States
- A minimum of three to five years of legal experience as a privacy lawyer
- Over 3 years lLegal experience with commercial and technology agreements
- Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Strong substantive knowledge of global privacy and data security laws, and global cybersecurity laws
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help craft practical business solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Ability to handle a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and dedicatedly anticipating issues
- IAPP certification
- Experience working with software and SaaS providers
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.