Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Graduate - Pricing Manager - Finance & Operations
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware pricing team members partner with all facets of our product and operation teams to research, develop, implement, and operationalize innovative and strategic pricing constructs in support of our software and services businesses.
Pricing Managers are responsible for driving VMware’s pricing short and long-term pricing strategy & execution for VMware’s Business Units. The Pricing Manager position requires a well-rounded individual who has a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high growth environment.
As a Pricing Manager, you will partner with multiple VMware and external organizations including but not limited to Sales, Finance, customers and partners. Your responsibilities would include:
- Drive discussions, recommend and implement improvements to Pricing & Packaging based on feedback gathered from different internal and external partners for future new offerings
- Co-ordinate and work in liaison with globally spread out team members and other functions like Revenue, Deal-Desk, etc.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing on planning product / launch roadmaps
- Supporting ad hoc analysis and research around ASP, discounting, product performances and competitive info gathering
- Ad hoc project support
- Currently enrolled in an MBA degree program
- The ability to lead change in a fast-growing organization
- Previous project management experience
- The ability to gather and synthesize large amounts of competitive data into actionable recommendations
- The ability to create comprehensive financial models using MS Excel and MS Access
- Prior experience within software or high-tech
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Experience supporting one or more lines of business.
- You should also have the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- The ability to understand and analyze complex software licensing agreements
- Knowledge of software pricing strategies/metrics/trends
- Experience drafting complex corporate policies and sales programs
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.