Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Grad - Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A, Americas
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware has a new opportunity to for you lead and develop the Americas financial analyst function focusing on topline bookings. Americas is the largest geography in VMware’s growing global business. You will develop planning and forecast using external market reports, internal data, and strategic go to market plans. You will be working with the finance leader for Americas, General Manager for Americas and head of strategy.
- Forecasting and planning topline bookings for Americas Geography (60%+ of total VMware business).
- Translate global market trends to Americas for use in planning and resourcing.
- Develop understanding of top deals in quarter and out-quarter including customer business drivers, path to close, status, customer proposal review, and evaluation of likeliness to close.
- Development of predictive models to be referenced as part of in quarter and long-term sales planning
- Partner with business unit (product) finance leaders in analyzing trends to identify solutions including resource needs.
- Partner with central pricing team to determine trends and root causes to changes in discounting at both a customer level and product level.
- Partner with commissions finance team to provide recommendations on compensation strategy to drive topline growth in Americas
- Development of key dashboards for use by sales leaders and finance leaders to communicate actual results vs plan and prior year.
- Prepare and lead recurring read-out on overall status of quarter vs plan.
- Lead preparation of post quarter business review for bookings, and make recommendations for improvements in go-to-market (GTM) strategy.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA degree with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience working in corporate finance or sales operations either start-up or large organization
- Expert in Financial modeling and data mining.
- Especially strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision-making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Experience working with a sales organization with an understanding of key sales metrics including bookings, sales productivity, effective commissions rates, pipeline, and opportunity management
- Strong project management and initiative to solve problems
- Experience within the following industries: Software, systems and/or cloud services.
- Knowledge of databases with an understanding of reporting tools including Tableau, and SAP business intelligence.
- You bring confidence and presence collaborating with and presenting to executive staff
- Ability to summarize and communicate findings in a concise manner both written (presentation) or verbal.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You should be a self-starter, who takes charge of complex tasks with minimal direction and develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and pro-actively
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.