Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Grad - Product Development - Wavefront
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Wavefront by VMware is redefining monitoring and analytics for cloud-native applications and infrastructure. Wavefront is a SaaS solution using a massively scalable approach pioneered at Google and refined at Twitter that provides real-time processing of high-frequency telemetry across the entire cloud-native stack. DevOps engineers, SREs, and developers can query their big data metrics store live, crafting interactive dashboards, set intelligent alerts, and find hidden anomalies. SaaS leaders like Workday, Box, Lyft, Intuit, Groupon, and DoorDash use Wavefront to increase developer velocity by optimizing application performance, eliminating outages, and radically reducing time to resolve issues. In 2017, Wavefront was acquired by VMware (a leader in cloud infrastructure and management software) and continues to operate as a dynamic, start-up group within the broader VMware organization.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The R&D Member of Technical Staff (Software Engineer) designs, codes and debugs quality software programs for a highly scalable time-series monitoring platform.
- Deliver robust and quality software features in Java in on time.
- Debug and maintain performant production-quality Java backend code.
- Help plan and execute projects through all phases of the project’s development.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database levels.
- Respond promptly and expertly to bug reports.
- Consult with the Technical Lead and Engineering Manager regarding professional skill development.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Coursework (in some) of the following: Algorithms, Data Structures, Databases, Distributed Systems, Storage and\or Operating Systems, Machine Learning, Compilers, Networking.
- Knowledge in one or more of the programming languages: Java, C
- School and/or industry projects involving significant design and development
- Experience developing client-server or distributed, multithreaded applications
- Exposure or Experience in developing SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) products
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Knowledge of availability/fault domains
- Knowledge of ML/heuristics analysis
- Exposure to container technologies - container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices a Cloud Computing class or similar experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch) etc.
- Willingness to contribute to open source projects is a plus
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.