New Grad (MBA) - Product Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. We possess an eye for business as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be able to strategize, drive and bring their product to market. We work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and drive use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the application environment, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products
- Lead the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of all applications which will run in, on, or be managed by the business units
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in MRDs and PRDs
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management and Sales
- Understand the market competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning
- Define, track and interpret key business metrics and drive activities which support continued deployment of applications
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
- Second year MBA student with a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 3 - 5 years of work experience prior to business school
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- Comfortable presenting to customers, executives, and large audiences
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of ambiguity or imperfect data
- Capable of influencing people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Experience with enterprise software is desirable
- Knowledge of VMware products and virtualization is a plus
- Strong team player and the capable of bringing together diverse views
- Passionate about technology and have a strong commitment to advancing the state of IT
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub