New Grad - Business Operations Manager - VMware Cloud Foundation
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology! The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Within the Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Business Unit, our team’s mission is to bring the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) to the mainstream by delivering integrated offerings that are simple for our customers to purchase, deploy, and operate. We deliver experiences to customers that make it easy for them to build their IT environments with VMware products so that they can focus on their business goals. We work with all the technologies across VMware to ensure that the customers benefit from the collective goodness of all that VMware offers in an integrated way.
The two main solutions that we are responsible for are the VMware Validated Designs and VMware Cloud Foundation. The VMware Validated Designs provides comprehensive and extensively tested blueprints for customers to build and operate the VMware SDDC stack. VMware Cloud Foundation takes this a step further and automates the deployment and operations
of the VMware SDDC stack. Both offerings are fundamental to VMware’s cloud strategy to help its customers in their digital transformations.
As a Business Operations Manager, you will be responsible for driving the strategic planning and initiatives while supporting cross-functional teams to scale growth of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the deliverable/milestones and associated work for executives, ensuring cross functional alignment prior to C-level reviews
- Partner with senior leaders across functional teams to drive day-to-day operations and help determine GTM strategy
- Create and manage forecasting models for product, in close collaboration with Sales, Product Marketing, and Finance teams to advance key business priorities.
- Conduct Marketing sizing and analyze growth opportunities
- Act as a focal point of escalation for the field of any sales, delivery operations to identify at earlier stage and reduce risk
- Identify key metrics and build executive-facing dashboards to track progress and drive improvements of solution.
- Collaborate with corporate operations teams on new tool and reporting assessment and development
- Conduct in-depth data analysis of our business and develop key value drivers to identify growth opportunities
- Lead efforts in an unstructured environment to identify customer, partner or market insights to boost sales activity and improve decision-making and alignment across various cross-functional stakeholders
- Build and lead Market Research “Center of Excellence”, responsible for aggregating customer feedback, customer surveys, and leading market research activities across the business
- Second year MBA student with a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical knowledge
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Great teammate. Strong drive. Self-starter. Willing to take a role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to executives
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure hardware and software
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- You are a strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub