Manager of IT Communications
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Manager of IT Communications, VMware-on-VMware Program
Looking for an opportunity to take your communications skills to a new level in creating digital content for a highly visible, fast growing program? Interested in working on projects that span the entire company and directly helps VMware increase revenue? Have a passion for learning about cutting edge technologies? If so, then a role in our VMware-on-VMware team may be right for you. Our program purpose is twofold. First, we work closely with our R&D teams to test products at scale as a Customer would, then we partner closely with our field teams to share our product deployment journeys, IT best practices and thought leadership topics with Customers.
We are looking for a self-starter, detail oriented and highly collaborative communications team player that enjoys working in a fast-past environment.
Skills & knowledge
- 7+ years’ of experience in communications and/or writing in a corporate environment
- Experience working in the software/IT infrastructure segment preferred. Other technical areas will be considered.
- Ability to capture the voice of IT subject matter experts and communicate complex, technical concepts in a clear and compelling way
- Experience developing external content for the digital landscape including blogs, white papers/use cases and customer stories
- Excellent project management skills including ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion and results
- Excellent communication skills including research, writing, editing and storytelling skills
- Create external facing content for the VMware on VMware program in a variety of formatssuch as: presentations, blogs, use cases, annual report and videos with input from VMware IT subject matter experts
- Develop marketing material for both internal and external trade shows
- Maintain internal and external facing websites and develop content
- Partner with corporate marketing to develop external facing videos
- Create content for internal monthly newsletters
- Maintain a content asset roadmap
- Partner with the social media team to promote the program in social channels
- Coordinate with the graphics team as required
- Work collaboratively across the company with groups such as: IT, Sales, Product Business Units, Corporate Marketing, Legal and PR.
To learn more about the VMware on VMware program check out our site.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub