Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Manager-Global Revenue Reporting and Close
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The Revenue Controllership Team manages the revenue close process, accounting of professional services, rebates and marketing development fund, revenue accounting of acquisitions, interprets revenue recognition guidance, provides training on technical accounting guidance, and documents revenue recognition policy. We are a part of a wider Revenue Team comprising of over 100 people.
The Revenue Controllership team is seeking a highly motivated and organized Revenue Manager to coordinate the efforts of period end and quarter end close process and internal and external reporting requirements. This is a new position due to company growth and increase in accounting close complexities.
You will be responsible for global financial reporting packages for the revenue team and includes coordination and management of the global revenue close process, coordination and consolidations of SOX controls for the global revenue team. You’ll be part of the global revenue team, reporting to the Director of Revenue. Functions will primarily include managing execution of period-end and quarter-end close processes through partnerships within the global team, consolidation and reviews of management reporting and analytics, management of SEC filing support schedules, management of audit requests, and coordination of SOX controls and self-testing.
Accounting Close and Reporting:
- Coordinate, consolidate and perform top level review of quarterly reporting packages prepared for the Chief Accounting Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Establish and maintain period-end and quarter-end close calendars, identifying key deliverables by each sub team, coordinating efforts across teams to achieve close deadlines
- Lead pre-close and recurring meetings pre and post quarter-end to communicate deliverables, track and report close status, coordinate intra-team efforts and dependencies globally to ensure alignment and timely management update
- Manage execution of journal entries during period-end and quarter-end closes, ensuring consistency, status updates, and timely completion
- Oversee preparation of, consolidate results and perform overall review of quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- Coordinate and ensure execution of disclosure schedules provided to the SEC reporting team, perform top level review to ensure reasonableness of reported amounts partnering with sub-teams to understand how numbers are derived and ensuring data used is complete and accurate
- Oversee tie-out and perform detailed review of the tie out of quarterly and annual SEC filings to ensure amounts are based on support schedules prepared by the team
- Review consolidated results of inter-company and related party revenue
- Serve as primary liaison with external auditors in coordinating and managing audit schedule requests, audit status and open items across the global team
- Coordinate audit meetings and prepare content to address key topics for audited periods
SOX and Team Management:
- Serve as primary liaison with the SOX project management office ensuring controls adequately address revenue accounting functions based on risk assessment determined by management and the SOX PMO team
- Coordinate management testing schedules and deadlines across the global team ensuring proper coverage and progress tracking to meet deadlines
- Partner with the revenue global process owner to ensure controls exist for new processes/new offerings based on risk assessment and materiality
- Coordinate team meetings and communications to global teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and previous industry experience
- 7+ years of experience in software revenue and/or general accounting experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities across global teams and driving teams to meet common goals and deadline
- Ability to identify issues, analyze detailed information, use professional skepticism and assist in problem solving
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide concise analysis for management
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Management of accounting close and deadlines in a public trading company
- Demonstrated experience in fostering partnerships with global teams and project management
- Knowledge in ASC 606, Revenue with Contracts with Customers
- SAP experience
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.