Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Manager, Global Revenue Forecasting
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
As part of the Revenue Forecasting Team you will partner with various groups both as part of the broader revenue team and also other stakeholders including Sales Finance, BU Finance, and Corporate FP&A to drive effective financial planning across the company. We are part of a wider Revenue Team comprising of over 100 people.
Job Role & Responsibilities
The VMware Revenue Forecasting Team is seeking a highly motivated Revenue Manager for a position reporting to the Revenue Senior Manager. Your specific responsibilities will include revenue forecasting, strong business partnerships, monitoring of monthly close activities, review of forecasting methodology and ad-hoc analysis, review of disclosure requirements, and team representation in meetings/discussions with Leadership.
- Deep understanding of systems, reporting, and forecasting processes in order to drive efficiency and process improvement
- Establish strong business partnerships with business partners within Revenue, Sales Finance, BU Finance and Corporate FP&A to drive effective financial planning across the company
- You will serve as site point-person for revenue forecasting meetings with business partners and Senior Management.
- Ownership of certain forecasting assumptions that is complementary to your geographic location (Palo Alto office)
- Monitor revenue team calendar and monthly close activities and ensure integrity and accuracy in monthly financial reporting
- Prepare and review reporting schedules for internal use
- Execute ad-hoc analysis and management reporting as needed
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong communication skills, both written and oral
- 5-7 years professional experience, including at least 5 years of experience in one of the following: revenue recognition, public accounting, or CPA
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers and senior management
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and Big 4 Accounting Experience is a Plus
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed expertly.
- Adapting Effectively to a Global Work Environment - Able to overcome challenges working with a global team like time zones, cultures, and work habits and be a team player to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Active Learning - Demonstrating real passion for new information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Decision-making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Proven PC skills with excellent Excel skills, Preferred: SAP system experience
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.