Lead Business Analyst – Finance, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. With over 500,000 customers globally and an ecosystem of 75,000 partners, our software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges. Here, you’re surrounded by a culture of possibility, where ideas ripple out and have a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
The Enterprise Data & Analytics organization at VMware is looking for a customer-oriented, analytical and driven individual. VMware has a dynamic, rapidly growing environment and will require flexibility to roll up your sleeves and participate in various roles to deliver success!
The Lead Business Analyst will work with key business customers and IT teams to deliver Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytical solutions to support VMware’s growing business with optimized systems/processes.
The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and partners – with a focus on VMware’s Sales Finance functions.
The position requires the Business Analyst to be a self-starter with strong leadership, project / program management, analytical, and training skills who is comfortable working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Direct partner engagement with business teams and management of partner relationships
- Lead BI projects, taking ownership of successful completion for the end to end life cycle
- Provide support to business partners by developing dashboards, reports, visualizations, advanced analytics models to answer business questions
- Create in-depth business requirements across functions, such as Sales, HR and Finance, for large company driven projects
- Partner closely with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
- Understand Sales Compensation/Commissions processes and data flows
- Work on a multitude of reporting and advanced analytics projects across business functions.
- Perform some exploratory data analysis – identifying trends and key drivers of metrics
- Develop expertise on business processes, lifecycles, and data drivers to recommend BI solutions and drive requirement discussions
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Perform UAT activities to validate whether requirements are being met
- Collaborate on the definition of KPI’s and metrics to monitor and drive the business
- Support communication, training, and documentation to enable successful user adoption
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience in business analysis, report/visualization development, implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the industry leading BI tools required, such as SAP BOBJ / WebI, Tableau and SQL
- Exposure or familiarity with data science / advanced analytics concepts and practices (e.g. ML, data mining) and experience with end to end analytical modeling using Python, R, SAS or Alpine highly desired
- Functional knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation / Commissions and related metrics required
- Functional knowledge of other business domains (Deal Management, Pricing, HR, Sourcing, etc.) desired
- Hands-on experience working with Sales Compensation systems such as Callidus, Varicent, IBM ICM, Xactly, Oracle Sales Compensation or similar desired
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to use a consultative approach and persuasive communication with business partners
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, with preference for Computer Science, Finance or Business Administration; M.S. or MBA preferred
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub