Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Group Product Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Group Product Manager - ISBU
VMware Cloud Foundation™ is the cornerstone of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) architecture. The VMware approach to the SDDC delivers a unified infrastructure platform that provides customers the most flexible, elite hybrid cloud. We build on top of creative compute, network and storage virtualization offerings to build an automated hybrid cloud. This automation extends to managing the lifecycle of the cloud.
Our division and mission within VMware:
Cloud technologies are impacting the way people live, play and work. The Integrated Systems Business Unit builds infrastructure & platforms that is among the top priorities at VMware and are fundamentally changing the way customers build clouds. You have in this role the opportunity to influence the next generation of clouds – private, public & hybrid. You also get to work with some really cool people in a Fortune 100 best places to work atmosphere.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Group Product Manager to deliver industry leading cloud management products.
As a product manager in this role you will be responsible for defining the requirements for next generation of multi-cloud offerings based on VMware’s Cloud Foundation architecture. Armed with a solid understanding of the business need, including customer, partner, technology and internal needs, you will drive initiatives that improve and extend VMware Cloud Foundation into a multi cloud offering. Success will be measured in developing and executing on a vision that establishes VMware’s SDDC based cloud offerings as the preferred solution for customers and partners.
Day in the life!
Responsibilities cover market strategy, technology vision, product definition, partnering, competitive analysis, and product release management for topics that may range from product features, partner integration, platform extensibility, management orchestration & performance.
- Lead the development of a product vision for a best-in-class hybrid cloud management offering
- Deliver a roadmap that provide cutting edge cloud management capabilities across multi-cloud environments
- Collaborate with Product Marketing in collateral generation for sales & customer enablement, serving as an authority on your product line(s)
- Build unrivaled differentiators for your products based on market analysis & customer feedback promoting these in social media, user groups & conferences
What will you need in order to win?
- Strong customer first attitude
- Passion for user experience-based product design and a roll up the sleeves attitude to get the job done
- Experience developing SaaS based solutions and subscription based pricing & packaging.
- Ruthless prioritization capabilities while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Clarity and transparency in communication
- Confident decision-making with the ability to influence internal and external partners
- Understanding of hybrid cloud technologies and hyper-convergence is a plus
- Strong partnering & teaming behavior to bring together diverse views
- At least 7 years of experience in product management, technical marketing, engineering management, sales engineering, or professional services
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.