Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Group Product Line Marketing Manager, Cloud Economics
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Are you passionate about helping customers and delivering demonstrable value to them? Are you excited by the prospect of helping Fortune 2000 customers expand into Hybrid Cloud Computing in the most efficient way possible? Our team is looking for someone to refine and promote the Total Cost of Ownership and return on investment models for VMware Cloud on AWS.
Join the most exciting, fastest growing product group at VMware. VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC) is a SaaS offering from VMware that brings the promise of cloud to the enterprise. We are in search for an experienced product marketer to join our high performing team.
In VMware’s cloud platform business unit, we are working to build products and solutions that power the hybrid cloud. As a product marketing in this team, you will be working with our largest customers to define the next generation of industry-leading cloud platform.
We are looking for someone to take our Total Cost of Ownership model to the next level. As part of the Cloud Economics team, you will collaborate with the team to refine the existing model, as well as improve on it. You will also be responsible for helping create the messaging for this model, as well as explaining the value of this model to the VMware sales force in critical sales situations.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform technical and financial analysis to help customers determine the economic benefits of moving workloads to the cloud
- and refine the total cost of ownership and business models for on premise versus cloud infrastructure
- Work with other members of the team to collaborate with VMware Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our customers.
- Help Develop a standard cloud ROI framework and analytics model to be used by VMware Sales, BD, and marketing teams.
- Develop a TCO model that can be used as a demand generation asset.
- Serve as a subject matter expert of market insights of the economic benefits of using VMware Cloud on AWS versus deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers.
- Develop content to effectively communicate the economic benefits of running workloads in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment
- Weekly reporting on activities
- 5-10 years of experience in Finance and Product Management/Marketing
- Mastery of Excel & experience creating and maintaining complex financial models
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership in business partnering
- Ability to work independently, within a rapidly growing & evolving environment
- Experience in infrastructure and software companies working with Finance/Ops/Engineering/DevOps teams
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or Engineering
- Experience presenting and partnering with senior leadership
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.