Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Marketing
Are you a marketing whiz? Dare to communicate around the world as you put strategy into action through integrated marketing plans in digital, print, email, webinars, trade shows and more.
Group Manager, Demand Gen Marketing - Wavefront
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Business Summary: Wavefront by VMware
Wavefront is redefining monitoring and analytics for cloud-native applications and infrastructure. Wavefront is a SaaS solution using a massively scalable approach pioneered at Google and Twitter that provides real-time processing of high-frequency telemetry across the entire cloud-native stack. DevOps engineers, SREs, and developers can query their big data metrics store live, crafting interactive dashboards, setting intelligent alerts, and finding hidden anomalies.
SaaS leaders like Workday, Box, Lyft, Intuit, Reddit, and DoorDash use Wavefront to increase developer velocity by optimizing application performance, eliminating outages, and radically reducing time to resolve issues. In 2017, Wavefront was acquired by VMware (a leader in cloud infrastructure and management software) and continues to operate as a dynamic, start-up group within the broader VMware organization.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate is a modern marketing strategist that understands all forms of demand generation and has invented a few of their own. The candidate will manage the demand generation team and report to Wavefront’s Marketing Exec Lead. This person will be a key member of the Wavefront marketing leadership team and critical driver in our effort to achieve pipeline and revenue goals.
Wavefront is looking for someone with a dynamic, confident personality with the ability to influence and successfully drive projects with minimal guidance; someone who loves data and ultimately increasing conversion and engaged prospects. This position requires a unique blend of marketing operations, creative integrated marketing, analytics, cross-team management and project management expertise. You will define the strategy for generating demand for our sales pipeline, deciding how to propel prospects through the buyer’s journey of awareness, consideration, decision, success, and post-sale expansion stages.
- Set strategy through analysis of historical marketing data and collaboration with teams across the company
- Determine the most appropriate mix of marketing programs to target existing and new prospects in key segments and verticals (i.e. digital ads, paid search, content syndication, display, web, webinars, trade shows, and email)
- Validate the mix of demand generation tactics by testing new channels/tactics and scaling the currently successful channels
- Develop creative multi-touch programs to drive prospects through a unique buyer’s journey
- Make recommendations and requests for content to test and leverage for optimized top and middle of the funnel lead conversion
- Improve strategy continuously with reports that drive decision making, measure performance and cost per acquisition, adjust channel mix and messages as needed
- Continually optimize program performance and quality by leveraging best practices
- Lead, grow and develop a team of Demand Generation marketers to achieve key business metrics including leads, free trials, MQLs, SQLs and revenue
- Partner with our product marketing and content teams to define and execute integrated metrics-driven campaigns
- Forecast lead and budget plans that align to company quarterly bookings goals
- Work with SDR team to create and manage SLA’s and campaigns for both inbound and outbound lead creation
- Work with sales to ensure a solid and productive feedback loop on lead and meeting quality vs quantity
- Oversee the marketing technology stack including Pardot, Salesforce and other tools
- Communicate with marketing, executive staff, and sales management on an ongoing basis regarding new and nurtured lead performance results
- 7+ years of B2B marketing experience, with a strong emphasis on demand generation, pipeline building, lead lifecycle and nurturing
- Previous experience building demand generation teams
- Experience creating and executing ROI-driven marketing campaign plans
- Experience working with third-party media sources and platform teams to deliver new leads
- Data-driven; proven ability to leverage campaign results to drive strategy
- High energy, passionate, innovative, creative, exceptional influencer
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms: Pardot, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, social media tools
- Experience with SFDC, running reports, campaign management, and lead management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication, writing, and project management skills
- Understanding of SaaS applications in B2B markets
- Understanding of IT/Cloud monitoring & analytics product uses and user personas
- College STEM degree
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.