Director, R&D Technical Education
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware’s R&D Technical Education team is seeking a Director for our R&D Technical Education Team who will lead the strategy, development, and operations of training programs for VMware’s engineering organization. In this role, you will oversee a team of global training managers and program managers responsible for the development and implementation of our programs, including R&D New Hire Orientation, R&D Bootcamp, Staff Engineering Programs, and Self-Service tools. You will partner with our global training team, engineering leaders, HR business partners, and training vendors to ensure our engineering organization receives the training programs and content needed. Your ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, define and create a global strategy for learning and education for our technical engineering organization, and then execute with strong business results is essential to the success of the role.
- Define, create, and implement the technical learning strategy for VMware’s engineering organization
- Lead your team to partner with engineering leadership to determine business needs, prioritize delivery of programs, and provide metrics and analysis documenting success and areas for improvement
- Evaluate and identify learning technology tools which will provide cost effective ways to scale and drive improved global experiences for VMware’s engineers
- Partner and deliver the change management strategy – including communications and awareness activities – which will increase the adoption of your training programs and offerings
- Drive innovation and improve your team’s processes and procedures, always looking for ways to do it better
- Coach and build your team of managers and program managers to be best in class, industry leading, and excellent in their roles
- 10+ years of experience managing training program development
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a technical education team, preferably with global leadership experience
- Experience with adult learning principles, learning tools and platforms, program management skills related to technical education strategy and plans
- Proven ability to work with senior executives and across organizations in a collaborative manner
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present effective solutions
- Ability to travel internationally (approximately less than 5% travel)
- An undergraduate degree in either a management, technical, communication, education or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience designing and developing training for IT/technical teams and technical support or related positions
- Preferred experience with MS Office Suite, Zoom, LMS / eLearning platform
**This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
Business Unit: Research & Development Operations & Central Services: VMware’s R&D Operations and Central Services team makes sure our customers enjoy a high-quality experience across the entire product portfolio. Our goal is to protect the company’s brand reputation by continually improving customer satisfaction. We bring together key R&D functions such as performance, security, and release management, which frees up R&D business units to focus on product innovation. Our priorities include investing in R&D talent, sharing best practices, and driving scale and agility in VMware products. Are you interested in expanding your R&D skills and experience in ways few jobs can? Join our team, and you’ll help deliver game-changing solutions across business units and product lines. Our team members also work with outside companies, build new contacts, and take part in industry-wide conferences and committees.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub