Director of Product Marketing
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
Join the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) to help VMware as THE leader in the emerging network and workload security space. Product Marketing plays a meaningful role in driving solutions into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer and partner awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. Our team is looking for a Director of Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with a background in cloud networking and security technologies to focus on the strategy and marketing aspects of the Network Security portfolio.
PMM in the NSBU lead cross-functional teams, setting the vision for product go-to-market strategy, monitoring key performance indicators and understanding the dynamics of both direct and channel sales and influencing many teams towards common goals. They are also responsible for driving the marketing strategy, positioning, messaging, packaging, field enablement and evangelism for their solutions. PMM focused on our fast-growing portfolio understand the optimal methods and tactics to take the VMware networking and security solutions to market with initiatives around ecosystem go-to-market, thought leadership and sales specialist engagement. You will work closely groups like NSBU product management, engineering and sales specialist teams as well as VMware and Partner Alliance teams.
· Influence long-term strategies while concurrently driving today’s business results and execution
· Own the core product positioning and messaging across customers and use-cases for the security products
· Develop strategy and execute plans to scale go-to-market strategy, sales and partner enablement
· Develop strategy and execute plans to achieve thought leadership in emerging product domains
· Design and deliver crisp sales plays to facilitate guided selling for targeted use cases
· Deliver key storylines, differentiators, and value propositions to the field and key partners
· Work with a cross-functional team (e.g. sales, product management, engineering, pricing)
· Create and drive innovative initiatives to enable awareness and adoption of VMware networking and security portfolio
· Approximately 8+ years of work experience across product management, product marketing, or management consulting directly related to the enterprise software technology industry
· Security, Cloud, SaaS or network management experience highly desired
· Proven analytical abilities and critical thinking. Demonstrated ability to develop creative and non-traditional solutions
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
· Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
· Experience enabling or engaging with enterprise-class sales teams, alliances teams and channels
· Strong leader, strategic thinker, self-starter and proven great teammate in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
· Bachelors in engineering, computer science (Masters a plus) or related industry experience, MBA preferred
Business Unit: Networking & Security: IT departments are spending more on security than ever before, but the damage caused by data breaches keeps getting worse. To solve this problem, VMware’s Networking and Security team is challenging traditional thinking about IT security. We take a software-based approach that brings customers new levels of usability and effectiveness in today’s fast-changing public and private cloud environments. We’re tackling one of IT’s toughest problems by helping customers manage networking and security services through a single pane of glass across diverse environments. Our software solutions free IT environments from physical constraints to help them achieve superior agility, tighter security, and faster provisioning. Are you looking for the opportunity to help revolutionize IT security? We invite you to join our tightly knit team that’s driven to quickly deliver top-quality solutions to this pressing industry problem. You’ll boost your career by working on cutting-edge innovations in the cloud, security, networking, SD-WAN, and container spaces.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub