Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Director of Finance, WW Global Accounts
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware has a new opportunity to for you to serve as the Director of Finance for our fast-growing Global Account business. Our Global Accounts are the most strategic, global reaching customers, representing a large share of our total business.
Job Role & Responsibility
The responsibilities of the role have been covered by a mix of employees, but now is time to build more focus.
- Business Partner to the Global Accounts Sales team with primary responsibility to three geography Sales leaders (Americas, EMEA, and APJ) and head of strategy for Global Accounts.
- Lead overall FP&A processes including topline Bookings, headcount, and expenses.
- Lead annual planning processes including coordination of product level bookings planning, and GEO interlock on both bookings and spend targets.
- Assist in the development of the long-term plans and financial models advancing strategic programs.
- Development and communication of quarterly business results for overall customer operations leadership team.
- Work with sales and Deal Management Team (DMT) on review of key deals including product mix, discounting, and territory splits.
- Understand and influence commissions planning and large deal treatment.
- Develop of consistent metrics and reporting to help sales and finance evaluate success of Global Accounts across the company.
- 10-15 years of experience handling full P&L in growth organization balancing topline with increased bottom line results.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting a worldwide sales organization
- Excellent communication skill, and strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strength in researching, understanding and succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact.
- Ability to work independent in a dynamic environment and tolerate ambiguity.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills. Proficiency in computer-based analysis and complex financial modeling.
- Ability to drive process-based improvement across functions and within Finance.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions, especially with sales and sales operation leaders.
- Experience leading a small worldwide team (2-3 managers/analyst).
- Strong executive leadership experience, with excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- MBA, or CPA
- Industry Preferences: Software, systems and/or cloud services.
- Experience in both large (multi-billion) and small to medium sized company experience for a broad perspective of best practices and cultural comfort.
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.