Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Director of Finance, Cloud ServicesJob ID R1904762 Date posted 04/09/2019
The Global Business Unit Finance Group provides financial leadership to the business groups in VMware’s product and operations organization (aka Business Units) and aligns to our current priorities of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) and End User and Mobile Computing.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Director for the Cloud Business Services will have responsibility for ensuring strategic and financial success in one of VMware’s priority businesses. This critical position will oversee portfolio management across the full P&L, including R&D, marketing and close coordination with a specialist sales organization. Key responsibilities include ensuring a balanced portfolio while prioritizing and making the necessary trade-offs to scale a rapidly growing business.
Working closely with the General Manager for Cloud Services, this role will play a significant financial and business leadership role.
- Maximize long-term shareholder value of the business unit
- Partner closely with the GM and other executive staff to drive business results to targets
- Lead the business units annual budget planning process including full BU P&L, commitments,
- and investment portfolio trade
- Manage the monthly forecasting process, including preparing and analyzing both the monthly forecast along with the current quarter and twice per year, the projections for six quarters out
- Lead the analytics for the portfolio review, with ROI analysis, product life cycle management and balanced portfolio optimization
- Through ROI methodology, ensure return is maximized and risk is minimized when evaluating all investments across the portfolio
- Effectively work across the operations finance team to ensure everyone is working towards the same goal, improving productivity
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Participate in operations reviews to ensure both short-term budgets and long-term plans are on track
- Provide leadership for managing all merger and acquisitions activities within this area of the business, including target identification, due diligence, financial valuation, and post-acquisition integration
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding financial management talent.
- Acquiring an intense understanding of VMware’s business today, and keen insights into where it is going in the future allowing for innovative concepts and promoting new ideas.
- 12 to 15 years of related experience in a senior financial role in a comparable or larger sized public, technology-based, SaaS growth business.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or similar
- Experience implementing significant process and technology improvements, experience integrating acquisitions, significant functional experience specifically of finance operations in a “large” public company (preferably multinational) environment, and strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC compliance.
- Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership
- Confidence and presence collaborating with and presenting to executive staff
- Experience managing, growing, and developing finance organizations to the highest level of performance
- Ability to identify, hire, and develop new talent
- Ability to sort through complex issues, translate and communicate them in a clear, concise manner and develop appropriate solutions in a timely and responsive manner
- Ability to credibly achieve results through influence and persuasion
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly looks for ways to add value and to position the organization for success
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives
- A highly metrics-driven individual with a strong analytical abilities
- MBA or advanced degree
- Act like it is your own company
- Set out a vision and establish priorities
- Have courage and take risks
- Hold yourself and others accountable
- Have passion for the business
- Be humble and listen
- Solve problems and deliver results
- Develop your people
- Be in the moment!
- Be an ambassador for the CFO organization
VMware is unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.