Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Director, Finance - Global Marketing and Communications
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
As an integral member of the finance and business leadership teams, this position’s overarching responsibilities are to provide financial information and analysis that is relevant, trusted, and insightful, which enables the executive leadership teams to make effective decisions that improve performance. Strong focus on continual enhancement of the quality, efficiency, and scale of financial information produced, through operational improvements, financial tools and automation.
VMware is a rapidly growing company with a tremendous opportunity for many exciting challenges. You have the desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in order to be successful in this role.
As a member of VMware’s Global Go-to-Market (GTM) Finance team, the Director of Global Marketing and Communications will be responsible for serving as the finance leader across key marketing organizations partnering with the CMO and other marketing senior leaders to optimize the Company’s marketing investment across Corporate, Field and Technology areas. This position provides an opportunity for an established, broad-based finance executive to join a team that is reshaping how finance can support a rapidly evolving and growing business. As the leader, you will have an overarching view of the Company’s solutions portfolio as well as how to align marketing resource and programs to drive lead generation of demand for its products.
Your primary responsibilities will include providing value add analysis and financial guidance to the business; leading and developing a high performance finance team; leading cross functionally to better connect and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs; and partnering to operationalize and execute strategies resulting in improved shareholder value. This role will require extensive business partnership with multiple functions including Sales Finance, BU Finance, Business Operations, and Corporate Finance & Accounting.
- As the Global Marketing and Communications finance leader, you will be responsible for defining, driving, and implementing the organizations financial framework that drives accountability and maximizes return.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the Company’s technology offerings, customer value proposition of these offerings, as well as competitive differentiation.
- Develop and own the evolution and ongoing processes to prioritize and measure investment effectiveness.
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding talent and team aligned with the business organizations..
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Participate in operations reviews to ensure both short-term and long-term business plans are achieved.
- Make sound recommendations for improving performance and creating an environment of strong business controls.
- Minimum of 10 years of finance experience with a strong record of career progression
- Working understanding of high tech landscape from a business perspective.
- Demonstrated results creating shareholder value by partnering with executives.
- Track record of showing leadership in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strategic thinker with superior business acumen
- Skilled at building relationships with executive business partners
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain top talent
- Passionate, high-energy, impactful team-player
- Strong & confident presence. Effective presenter
- Known for being intellectually curious and mentally agile
- Demonstrated ability not only to see the big picture but also to manage/execute the details
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems
- MBA, CPA, or equivalent experience
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role.
- Experience working in technology, enterprise software, services, or SaaS business
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.