Corporate Intelligence Manager
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This individual will develop market and competitive intelligence, critical insights, and recommendations to positively influence strategic decisions with VMware’s executive team, senior leaders and key business stakeholders. The role reports to the Director, Corporate Intelligence.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic advisory and develop deep research and subject matter expertise to support two of VMware’s largest, high growth business units.
- Proactively build relationships and become embedded in business unit strategy and planning processes, including long range planning, fiscal year planning, worldwide sales kickoff, and other strategic initiatives throughout the year.
- Define VMware’s total addressable market (TAM) and served available market (SAM) based on industry analyst research, business unit collaboration, internal perspectives and analysis.
- Track and analyze existing served markets, create analysis to support new product development and M&A, and identify strategic adjacencies for potential expansion.
- Lead tactical and strategic projects, collaborate with key stakeholders and achieve alignment on market assessments and competitive landscape.
- Drive targeted market, country and account opportunity prioritization with geographic field sales and operations leaders.
- Forge relationships with industry analysts to ascertain relevant research, scope custom projects, and build RFPs.
- Develop market evolution hypotheses, anticipate competitive dynamics, and evaluate business impact to VMware.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the technology industry, within market intelligence, competitive intelligence, corporate strategy or industry analyst firm.
- Deep knowledge in either networking and security (SDN, NFV, SD-WAN, ADC) or cloud management (IT ops analytics, CMP etc.).
- Clear understanding of evolving IT market landscape, including public vs private cloud, SaaS, virtualization, containers, and AI / ML.
- Deliver executive level presentations and be able to articulate recommendations clearly, handle objections, and switch between big picture thinking and detailed requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Precision PowerPoint development required, with high attention to detail and format.
- Self-starter with a bias for action and results orientation. Able to prioritize, focus, and execute through obstacles. Innovative thinker with analytical problem-solving skills.
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Eagerness to translate high-level business objectives into actions
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub