Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure, enabling our 350,000+ enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the cloud era. A pioneer in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security solutions provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation that empowers our customers to drive innovation and improve business agility.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long-term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active-learning and giving back. If you are ready to lean in, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow today.
About our Legal Team:
VMware’s Legal Department is a global team of dedicated legal and compliance professionals who share a passion to understand and successfully navigate every aspect of VMware’s fast-growing business. As Fearless Legal Innovators, we lead with strategic solutions, inspire an ethical culture and drive VMware’s success.In November 2018, VMware’s Legal Department was honored with winning the Financial Times Intelligent Business Award for Contracting for making measurable improvements in VMware’s business through superior contract management.
VMware – Contracts Manager – Commercial Legal Group (CLG), Customer Infrastructure Team
VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its Commercial Legal Group, supporting the company’s commercial sales business. This Contracts Manager position will be based in Palo Alto, California. While the primary job responsibility is helping to develop and update contracting documentation and terms for cloud sales offerings, you will form part of a new and growing team of Contract Negotiators working collaboratively with our CLG Attorneys, Sales organization, Deal Management Team, Finance, and the various Business Units in the U.S. and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our customers. All tasks will be performed under the supervision of a VMware attorney.
• You will help VMware Legal teammates to develop documentation to support VMware’s worldwide customer sales models, with a primary focus on VMware’s cloud services offerings, and to advise on legal, finance and business considerations associated with those commercial transactions.
• You will help to develop and maintain appropriate contract terms for new cloud service offerings as the company releases or acquires them, and help update contract terms for existing cloud services offerings, to ensure alignment with current VMware policies and practices.
• You will help update negotiation processes and tools that align with the company’s sales terms, including playbooks and training.
• You will collaborate and partner effectively with business stakeholders in contracting processes, including the Business Units, Sales organization, Finance and Deal Management Team.
• You will participate in special projects within the Legal Department as needed, including developing processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization without material increase in risk, and assisting others with transactions and the development of templates, playbooks and training across the company’s many technologies and sales businesses.
• You will perform other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree; law degree is a plus but not necessary.
• 5 or more years of relevant experience with a US-based high-tech company; substantial experience with a cloud services company, and with its terms of service, commercial contracts, and processes for sales and services, is strongly preferred.
• Proven skills in drafting commercial transaction documentation, including cloud service offerings, and/or software licensing, support, and professional services, and in working effectively with business teams on the legal aspects of sales contracting. Strong influencing skills are a plus, as is experience with negotiating agreements.
• Strong business acumen, including ability to exercise good judgment about sensible business risks.
• Knowledge of the IT industry, data protection, information security, privacy, and the latest trends in cloud services is also a plus.
• Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large, worldwide, and/or strategic agreements and suite of agreement templates through collaboration tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced business that strongly values teamwork and excellence, as well as execution, customers, community, and utmost integrity.
• Track record of excellence and leadership in past jobs and academics, and of enthusiasm for learning.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub