Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Commercial Sales Play Lead Director
Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and Commercial customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Director of Commercial Sales Plays will be responsible to lead and execute the sales plays that will lead to the success of our sales organizations. They will have overall responsibility for accelerating the build out of sales plays for our transactional business around all VMware solutions and ensure that VMware Sales team meets sales objectives. This role will work hand in hand with the Global Commercial leader, our Business Units, and our Marketing, Sales, and Enablement teams.
The ideal candidate has a consistent track record of success in accelerating sales results within a sales organization. The ideal candidate is also a validated leader who is creative, innovative, highly energetic and inspired to build, coach and develop a world-class transactional selling engine.
- Achieve weekly, monthly and quarterly sales play targets
- Build and maintain a culture that inspires a sense of urgency, constant innovation & learning, and a strong sense of individual and team accountability
- Build and operationalize a plan to meet current quarter and out-quarter targets
- Achieve sales goals by building and optimizing programs designed for sales execution
- Collaborate with Channel and Marketing functions on key initiatives including demand generation programs and customer acquisition strategies related to sales plays
- Work cross-functionally to achieve operational excellence for maximum productivity
- Must develop and maintain strong working relationships at the executive level with key VMware partners, industry executives, and industry publications
- 5+ years of management experience in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing environment
- Consistent track record for execution in a broad, diverse and complex geography or vertical market
- Ability to establish and cultivate strong internal and customer focused relationships and work seamlessly within a matrix led environment
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Detailed knowledge of specified systems, metrics, and customer segmentation that supports growth
- Outstanding ability to forecast, and set goals & objectives
- Strategic partnership development
- Fantastic communication and presentation skills
- Proven analytical thinking, social, communication and presentation skills
- Relevant domain expertise in enterprise software, server and storage, or business process management
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expect high standards for self and team
- Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- BA/BS degree or higherc
Travel: Will travel 15%
Benefits of being a VMware employee:
- EPIC2Values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers & Community
- ContinuousLearningandGrowthOpportunities: take advantage of opportunities including course work, training and conferences, and career tracks.
- Engaging,CollaborativeEnvironment: our offices support our culture of innovation and creativity. We have designed our spaces to break down traditional barriers of physical walls and create an environment to promote learning, teamwork and collaboration.
- Peopletakingcareofpeople: Generous vacation, sick time, paid parental leave, and even time you can take to donate your time to a charity of your choosing.
- Wanttoseemore? Take a peek… https://careers.vmware.com/benefits
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.