Palo Alto, CaliforniaApply Now
The world is in the midst of a generational transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is being done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we step in.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees’ digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our Workspace ONE platform provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time.
While VMware is a big company, our billion+ business division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience. Our Desktop Virtualization and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions are state-of-the-art and will push you to your creative limits. We’re a dedicated team that is fanatic about user experience, product quality, simplicity of design, and what our users need / want.
You are bringing a track record of a proven Cloud Architect that can advise the team on on-premise and SaaS enterprise digital transformation with the aim of aligning people / process / technologies and increasing product quality. You are someone who thrives on technical leadership, management and mentoring, enterprise architecture, and application design. Ideal candidate is a passionate, creative, and self-motivated engineer who will be responsible for development of the technical vision and solutions that meets the EUC’s architectural needs and can deliver on end-to-end responsibility.
Our EUC division is known to be pioneers in our field and set industry standards. In this role, you will not only be leading change to culture and technology and championing the adoption of modern architecture practices within our team, but also at an industry level. As part of a team of specialized Cloud Architects across our Workspace One divisions, you will be a major actor in shaping the future of the End-User Computing world. At VMware, you will be a trusted advisor who will work in close collaboration with EUC’s leadership, Product Management, Engineering, and Operations to influence the direction and successful adoption of our End-User Computing products.
- Lead and maintain the design, implementation, and documentation of complex Cloud system architecture initiatives based on real world deployment experience of VMware products within complex IT environments (including 3rd party products).
- Work independently, and as a member of a team of architects, to open up the boundaries in adopting the best design practices and ensure our products fit elegantly and comprehensively across our division’s, VMware’s, and the industry’s solutions portfolio.
- Provide Cloud guidance and architectural oversight during fit, requirements, and design to ensure that the end-to-end solution remains aligned to the strategy and target architecture. We expect you to provide strategic recommendations for Cloud design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces.
- Work with technical leads and across technology areas to identify, prioritize, and resolve moderately complex and medium-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between Desktop Virtualization and Unified Endpoint Management (UEM).
- Present technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
- You’re passionate about participating in code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability, and future expansion.
- Contribute to the company’s strategic deliverables by identifying opportunities for product, people, and process improvement.
- Innovate and build reference architecture white papers.
- Breathe, live, mentor and champion architecture principles and encourage architecture innovation.
- 12+ years of experience in designing and implementing large scale infrastructure deployments for End-User Computing enterprise environments (including high performance heterogeneous, distributed, object-oriented client/server and/or web-based systems).
- Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, DevOps, Scalability, API first strategy and etc. required.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, Virtual Desktops and Applications, Unified End Point Management (MDM / UEM / MAM / EMM), SaaS / PaaS / IaaS transformation, Cloud management system, microservices, and/or scalable multi-tenant distributed systems is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist.
- Ability to lead a team, mentor engineers, be a champion for creative technical trends, cultivate a well-rounded technical mentality in the team. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify key messages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personal credibility with executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You care and have strong, well-thought-out opinions on RESTful API design, including API versioning, backwards compatibility, authentication and rate limiting.
- Deep working knowledge of proprietary and open source, C# or Java, .NET Core or Spring as well as experience with databases such as Postgres, MySQL or MS SQL Server are a plus.
- You have successfully helped guide and refactor a large monolith project into multiple, maintainable microservices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related discipline. All applicants with applicable experience will be considered.
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub