Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Accounting ManagerJob ID R1904644 Date posted 04/04/2019
Finance is a global organization that’s dedicated to the short- and long-term growth and success of VMware – and to using analytical tools and collaboration to build connections internally and externally. It’s a fast-paced environment, with a lot to learn. We’re looking for people with strong critical thinking skills, who want to work collaboratively, serve our customers and make good choices. Uncompromising ethics and integrity are hallmarks of our organization. We’re a diverse group, covering the areas of corporate finance, FP&A, pricing, mergers and acquisition integration, revenue, investor relations, treasury, license compliance, tax, internal audit and the many corporate accounting functions.
Job Role and Responsibility:
VMware’s Corporate Controllership is looking for an Accounting Manager who is ready to roll up their sleeves and work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The Accounting Manager is responsible for participating in a timely monthly close, managing a staff of senior accountants, overseeing day-to-day accounting activities, and developing internal controls. The role will play a crucial part in implementing system changes to streamline current processes. This person will have a high focus on accounting operations and system implementation to drive the team in executing business needs. This position is based in Palo Alto, CA and will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Responsible for leading month-end close process, including reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and performing financial statement analytics.
- Manage a staff of senior accountants through all daily accounting activities such as invoicing, contract review, revenue recognition, and answering customer questions.
- Support new business initiatives through identification of accounting requirements and ensure implementation of financial controls and process and system solutions.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure proper implementation of system changes
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; suggest and implement improvements to scale and automate manual procedures
- Perform ad-hoc research on technical accounting issues
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements
- Assisting with deliverables and special projects involving cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 8+ years relevant industry experience, CPA, with industry experience mix of start-ups and public companies
- ERP system experience (NetSuite and SAP)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving ability that can be applied to various business projects that could range from process creation/implementation, system design, technical accounting, acquisition integration, etc.
- Ability to identify a problem, develop a solution, communicate the solution to a broad cross-functional audience, and lead a team to execute the solution
- In-depth and current knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
·3+ years of public accounting experience
- Passionate, high-energy, impactful team-player
- Industry Preferences: Software, systems and/or cloud services
VMware will not sponsor a visa for this role
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.